Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband after activation not working

sts
Dabbler

Broadband after activation not working

Hi,
my Broadband was activated two days ago, but it is not working yet. When I log into the modem it says:
Connection not established could not bring up link
Your DSL connection is down verify that your technicolor gateway is connected correctly
I have the router connected directly to the phonebox with one of those filters, which I switched already. I also tried a different router, but had the same issue. I cant check the landline as I dont have a phone.
So what else can be done to make it work? I tried to call customer support, but gave up after waiting 20 minutes.

24 REPLIES 24
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Broadband after activation not working

If you have the NTE5 socket illustrated here, can you plug the filter/router in to the test port? If that still doesn't work, beg, borrow or (don't) steal a corded telephone handset to check for dial tone. If the phone line is down the ADSL won't work, and the fault needs to be reported to your phone line supplier.
(Edited to correct link)
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi sts,
Looks like there's a request to connect from the test socket on your fault ticket as well, along with some detail on how to do it if you're unsure. If you could let us know how you get on with that and whether it makes any difference we'll be able to get things moving for you.
sts
Dabbler

Hi thanks for the suggestion, I will give it a try as soon as I am back home and will post the progress.
sts
Dabbler

ok I plugged it into the test port with no result. I also switched the filter 3 times to be sure.
Is there another way to proceed, than pluggin in a phone? I need to check for a phone and it will probably be a couple of days until I have time
for that, but Inwod like to habe broadband soon.
cheers
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

If you could reply to the ticket at http://contactus.plus.net with what happened when you tested then our faults team will get things moving for you.
sts
Dabbler

ah ok will do so thanks.
sts
Dabbler

so I replied to the ticket, but there seems to be no moving forward.
When will I get an answer and when will there be something happening?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi, it shouldn't be too long though can be up to 72 hours in some cases. I'd be surprised if it wasn't sooner than that though. Sorry for the delay.
sts
Dabbler

I got a call yesterday that someone will come and fix it, but like the first time nobody came to my apartment. I got a reply to my ticket :
We would like to inform you that your Help Assistant Question [ 74670017 ] has now been returned to the BOT - DSL Logged Faults - Post SFI pool. A member of our Support Team will investigate your issue as soon as possible.

what the heck is going on? Can someone translate that into customer language?

Thanks
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Tickets that are awaiting results from an engineer visit are put on hold until after the engineer slot that's booked so they don't get offered to our agents who are answering them. That message just means that your ticket has returned to the ticket pool, so will be answered as soon as possible.
sts
Dabbler

I see, thanks.
sts
Dabbler

I was hoping somebody would have answered by now to the ticket and explained to me what the problem is, but this isnt the case.
It is now 6 weeks that I am waiting for my internet to get activated,  how much longer do I have to wait?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Apologies for the no show on Friday, as discussed we've an engineer appointment for the 2nd OCtober 8am - 1pm.
Let me know how you get on.
sts
Dabbler

yes thanks for calling. As for today's appointment, which was mentioned is monitored, he is cutting it very close, as it 12:45 now.....it would have been the 3. time my girlfriend is sitting at home half a day waiting for somebody to show up, if he is not here the next 15 min.....