cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband activated today?

KaotiK
Grafter

Broadband activated today?

Order tracker etc ssays line is supposed to be activated today (after migrating from aol) . But no email or nothing yet. just wondering if it is going to complete today or is there a problem? Ive tryed phoning support today but havent been able to get through atall Sad due to high volume of calls or something.
18 REPLIES 18
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Broadband activated today?

I'm just off to take a look at your order now, I'll pop back shortly with my findings.
ps You can see how many calls are in the queue before ringing at csc.plus.net
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
James
Grafter

Hiya Smiley
It looks like your orders just completed, so I've enabledf your account at this end.
You should be able to connect now.
grudkin
Grafter

I wouldn't worry too much about it to be honest, my migration went through the following day without issue, I get the feeling that the date provided by BT to PlusNet is out by a day.
As far as the call centerer is concerned, I hear that there are thousands of customers waiting to talk to Jameseh. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
KaotiK
Grafter

got the email now so gonna give it a try! thx Smiley
KaotiK
Grafter

Right all working thank you Smiley But one more question..
What does interleaving(think tis that) actually do? I never had it turned off with my old isp, Ive heard it lowers ping. And as im a gamer it would be good if thats the case!
Does it do anything else other than that? And if it does lower the ping how can i go about turning it off.
Thanks Cheesy
James
Grafter

Good Smiley
Interleaving basically increases your ping times by a relatively small amount, but it also improves the stability of your broadband connection.
If things were okay gaming wise with your previous ISP, then I'd leave it on initially and we can always try turning it off for you, if you'd like us to try.
scootie
Grafter

leave it for the first 10 days(if your line is in training mode) and then give fastpath a try its 24 hour process for PN to switch on or off from receving the request.
this link explains what intreleaving is http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/interleaving.htm
KaotiK
Grafter

Right ok thanks.
I got 40 ping or so with AOL, but evenings i had awful lag, especially on ventrilo (16k ping sometimes)
Im guessing 40 or so is pretty good though? i see some with 20 and lower though.
Althought i do live in north wales!
scootie
Grafter

Pinging bbc.co.uk [212.58.254.252] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 212.58.254.252: bytes=32 time=16ms TTL=249
Reply from 212.58.254.252: bytes=32 time=15ms TTL=249
Reply from 212.58.254.252: bytes=32 time=14ms TTL=249
Reply from 212.58.254.252: bytes=32 time=15ms TTL=249
thats what i get on fastpath from just south of sheffield
40ms is fine for interleaving.
the thing with other isps which you have seen is in the evening the ping times are very variable where with PN they remain very stable 24/7 so best ping of 40ms interleaved on PN is normally better than say o2 with say a best ping of 10ms but there network gets very clogged up so that ping can be in to the 100's at night
where your interleved ping will stay at 40ms when o2's is in the 100's which = game set advantage for PN customers Grin
scootie
Grafter

which package are you on and what hardware do you use for gaming?
KaotiK
Grafter

Im on the unlimited package.. And by hardware what do you mean? Im a PC gamer if you mean that?
scootie
Grafter

yep i was trying to work out if you pc gamer.
the diffrence between the pro package and unlimited is that pro has all traffic in the gold(streaming web browsing) and titatium(gaming, voip) queues.
where unlimited has traffic in alot lower prioitys as well as the gold and titanium queues.
as pc games use diffrent ports ip address some times PN dont have the game in the titanium queue.
so for happy free lag pc gaming on unlimited its a gd idea to get to know wireshark which we use to see what prioity traffic is getting over the PN network and if its being picked up wrong we hand the wireshark captures to PN and they come up with a signature to get it on the titanium queue normally takes about a week for them to make a sig and get it live
info from PN on how to use wireshark there is all so some video how to's on PN if you just type wireshark in to the main PN seach bar they will pop up
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/troubleshooting/wireshark.shtml
and to download wireshark
http://www.wireshark.org/
KaotiK
Grafter

cheers il check it out. Got steady pings for once in the evening, its class Smiley
Although web pages and stuff seem to be running real slow now. But i guess thats normal just after a switch over for the next 10 days right?
scootie
Grafter

can be yes.
have you set your MTU, rwin up right.
try login in to your router and set the mtu to 1500 and see if you have any problems if not then the mtu on your pc  was set higher than that on your router and packets had to be fragmented to pass through your router.
just one soultion and may not work but sure some others will be long with the big heads full of information to help