Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband activated today

vibes
Dabbler

Broadband activated today

Hi Everyone
I wonder if anyone can help me my plusnet broadband has been activated today but my router has not been sent out yet.  I am using the Orange Livebox  (yes I know don't all groan at once, I have learnt my lesson)  but am having problems trying to connect to the internet,  plusnet say I have to change my broadband username and password I am sure I am being really thick here but I cannot find where to do this.
  I would normally do more research to find a solution but am having to use dialup to connect and it is taking an age for a page to load.
  I have to send the livebox back soon but in the mean time I need to try and use it.
Many Thanks
Vibes
20 REPLIES 20
paulby
Grafter

Re: Broadband activated today

Follow the instructions on the Orange website here.  Where it tells you to enter your Orange username and password, enter your PlusNet details instead.
vibes
Dabbler

Hi
Thanks for your quick reply, to go through the settings of the link you provided I need to use the install disc that came with the livebox,  if i understand correctly.  The problem is the disc will not work most of the time, myself and many other orange users have had a problem with the discs I have only managed to use it a couple of times. I have been trying to use it since your reply.  I guess I will just have to wait until the router from plusnet arrives.  Don't know how we will all manage without broadband, we might have to talk to each other lol.
Thanks again
Vibes
paulby
Grafter

@Vibes
This page explains how to do things without the CD!
vibes
Dabbler

Hi Again
I am afraid this did not work either the livebox will not connect for me to access the config pages the @ sign just flashes slowly on the box. Perhaps it is more than just a username problem and something has happened to my line during migration.
Vibes
paulby
Grafter

Did a bit more digging!  Looks like you're stuffed (for want of a better word!):
Form Orange's site:
Can the Livebox be used to connect to other ISPs?
By default you can't. The Livebox requires that one of the following is in the username, otherwise it will never try to log onto the internet:
@fs
@bb1.freeserve.co.uk
@bb2.freeserve.co.uk
@bb3.freeserve.co.uk
@bb4.freeserve.co.uk
Also as well, there are other settings stored within the Livebox that may need changing as well, such as virtual circuit, multiplexing and encapulation settings. These settings cannot be accessed on the Livebox through conventional means.
Some people have manually reprogrammed their boxes so that they can be used for other ISPs, but this requires alot of technical knowledge.
vibes
Dabbler

Thanks Paul_B for all your help
Looks like your stuffed
lol.
In a way I am glad to read that as I have spent most of the day trying to connect and could not think what I was doing wrong. At least I know that I have not done something wrong you tend to doubt yourself when it all stops working. Oh  I cannot wait to get rid of this livebox and never mention Orange again
greyposter
Grafter

Have you got an 'old'router or modem that you can use mean while ?
chillypenguin
Grafter

As stated above its locked to Orange.
MickKi
Grafter

Sure it is,
http://bluetoad.net/livebox/
PS. Usual disclaimers apply (if you break it you get to keep both parts . . .) and BTW it seems that Liveboxen are usually NOT your property, but Orange's.  You're been warned.
Good luck.
--
Regards,
Mick
vibes
Dabbler

Hi Everyone
Just an update to tell you there is no update.  Firstly I do have to return my livebox have been sent a jiffy bag but thanks for the info.
Sadly I don't have an old modem to use and yes PJ I am  suffering without it paying for broadband and having to pay for slow dialup.  Having been told by plusnet staff that the router had been dispatched and would be with me in 48 hours and then finding it has not even been processed I feel I am just being paid lip service.
I have also had all sorts of problems with payments, account was put on hold as they did not take payments, next thing I know the payment has come out twice, after contacting plusnet again they very quickly assured me they would refund me.
I spent ages choosing a new ISP and at the moment feel disappointed although one thing I do like is the ease of being able to contact them.
Will I ever get this router and has anyone else had a problem getting them?
Vibes
paulby
Grafter

Quote from: vibes
I am  suffering without it paying for broadband and having to pay for slow dialup.

If you PM one of the PlusNet staff on here (Jameseh/Orbrey/Mand) they may be able to sort out a refund for the days you've not had service because your router hasn't turrned up.
James
Grafter

Hi there,
I've asked our Hardware guy (often referred to as EFS) to have a look into this for you.  He reckons it should be with you in the next day or so, but he's going to have a dig around and see what he can find out.
I'm sorry that you've had to wait so long.
Darren
Grafter

I've asked our Hardware guy

~*~*~*~*~And then if like magic I appear from a puff of smoke~*~*~*~*~*~
Hi Vibes,
First off apologies for the delay, we recently ran out of stock of our 4 port routers which has obviously caused a delay for your order.  We had a new shipment arrive yesterday and I was hoping those would start to go out from the warehouse this morning, though due to some unforeseen issues at the warehouse it doesn't look like these are going to start shipping until tomorrow. I'll chase your order up again tomorrow and try and get you a tracking reference for you delivery.
vibes
Dabbler

Thanks for your replies I appreciate you looking into it for me and hopefully now I won't have to wait much longer.
Vibes