cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband a/c queries

southerncomfort
Grafter

Broadband a/c queries

I am selling my house and probably moving into rented in a different area. Couple of questions please --
1) Will I have any problem opening (or transferring) a broadband a/c as a tenant rather than houseowner (I've been with plusnet about 4 years)
2) Will I be committed to 12 months? (I may move again at 6 months)
3) Will I be able to use BT call diversion (network services) on the same phone line as the broadband, or will I have to get a 2nd landline? (I currently I have 2 separate phone lines).
Thanks
-
3 REPLIES 3
James
Grafter

Re: Broadband a/c queries

Hi there,
1) Transferring the account to your new address won't be a problem.
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?s=0&action=adsl_reprovision
2) You'll be deferring the activation fee of £40.  If you move house again within the next 12 months, we would need to charge you £40 to do so.  Also if you were to cancel within 12 months of moving, we would need to charge you £40.  This is because BT Wholesale charge us £40 to provide a broadband service Sad
3) There's no reason why this wouldn't work on the same line as the broadband one.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Just to add a bit of info that may be useful given you have 2 lines and so presumably 2 numbers at present.
I use BT's Call Sign service combined with a couple of TwinTalk adapters to have 2 numbers on one line (personal and business) going to different phones in different locations in the house. This works fine with Broadband.
(Obviously there's only 1 outgoing number and you can only be in 1 call at a time)
southerncomfort
Grafter

Many thanks guys, should work quite smoothly then hopefully.
--