A couple of days after the start of my last broadband usage period i was shocked to notice my usage was almost maxed out . i checked the throughput on my modem and it was normal for the last 7 days since a reset. i do not use wifi and have a wired network of 3 computers. i brought this up with the help desk and after a few messages to and fro. a CSC replied "We do not have the details of the traffic in this way we simply can show how much is used and on what port which helps show what type of traffic it is. I have credit the account for the extra GB purchased. If the problem happens again please let us know. Kind regards, [Agent name removed] ok. i thought all sorted. however at the end of the month because of this extra 15Gb of usage i had exceeded the 15Gb amount by some 7 G. i was amazed to find i had in fact been charged for all the extra. I raised this again with the Help desk and sent them an excel graph showing the massive one day usage compared with every other day. initially the help desk got the 'included usage' confused with the free overnight usage ! (Peter Coventry CSC Analyst) . i finally got a reply:-Thank you for your reply. I have checked the data logs and it confirms that the details provided on the Broadband Usage monitor is correct. This means that the data has been correctly allocated to your account. Kind regards, [Agent name removed] ie.... our bill was correct and we cannot provide any form of evidence to support the billing and are going back on our original offer to refund the excess. is this the new plusnet... in which case i shall be off or is it just amazing ignorance on the part of a few help desk staff. have been with plusnet/F9 for many years so a shame if this is the new face of the company.
[Moderator's note by Barry Zubel: Please do not include CSC agent names in forum posts as per the link:rules]