cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Troubleshooter throws error, 45 mins phone wait time how can I report

NotBillMurphy

Broadband Troubleshooter throws error, 45 mins phone wait time how can I report

Broadband on our less-than-one-month-old service from a BT exchange I can see from this window is intermittent tonight. The Internet light on the less-than-one-month-old PlusNet router is intermittent, then it goes off then after some mins it might come on again.
I have factory reset the thing twice. I have attempted to use the Broadband Troubleshooter twice and it says error after entering all the phone numbers. I am currently on the phone hangin on for a 45 minute wait time.
How can I report a fault on ine?
BTW, this same phone line gave great service when it was BT Home Highway, when it was O2 ADSL on BT Line, when it was Quik Internet on Post Office and for the past few years when it was TalkTalk. The worst service I have ever had is the past few weeks with PlusNet which is also the most difficult to get hold of customer service.
How can I report this fault?
10 REPLIES 10
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Broadband Troubleshooter throws error, 45 mins phone wait time how can I report

You just have to wait & wait; no online ticket or e mail reporting possible.
You could try chat, if it's available at time you try Embarrassed
NotBillMurphy

Re: Broadband Troubleshooter throws error, 45 mins phone wait time how can I report

So why does the phone line say you can raise a support request on line when you can't?
And the bloody line just dropped my call after 31 minutes. When I redialled, wait times now up to 1 hour and the lines close in 1hr 20 mins?
The substandard '80s jukebox just adds insult to injury - never liked the Human League the first time round.
NotBillMurphy

And following the Broadband Fault & Order Support Guides link to No Sync (NSC) || Flashing 'Broadband' Light
Frequent Disconnection (DCN) both give http 500 error. Sheesh.
Eventually got through to chat who advised me to try different microfilter but couldn't raise support ticket. Good grief. He did fool me though as when I tried swopping microfilters, it dropped the phone line! (Well of course it would but by now I'd try anything). aaargh. Back on the bloody phone at the back of the queue again.
cedlor
Grafter

It may help to read this
https://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,143216.0.html
See my posts where I added most  of the content of the Guides to can get at.
NotBillMurphy

Thanks cedlor. Done most of that (been playing with internet since dial-up and having to configure modems with Hayes @ strings). This same master socket has been working fine for years (O2, TalkTalk and before). It is only since switching to PlusNet about 3 weeks ago that this unreliability started. GIven that I can see the exchange and that TalkTalk were giving me service on their LLU ADSL2+ service and that I discovered (AFTER PlusNet had taken my money having given inaccurate info pre-sales) PlusNet / BT are only using ADSL on the same exchange, I wonder where the fault lies? ON the old ADSL kit in the exchange gets my vote.
Ironically, PlusNet said they were awaiting an upgrade to ADSL2+ on this exchange on 3rd Sept (since pushed back to 17 Sept) and I agreed to stay with them on that basis. Boy, whatta mistake-a to make-a
That'll teach me to believe the cheeky Yorkshire chappy. Never again.
(PS I am able to post this only because O2 mobile 4G works here and faster than PlusNet ADSL).
NotBillMurphy

PPS sharing a platform with BDUK speakers in a couple of weeks on the subject of Superfast Broadband. Oh the irony #2
NotBillMurphy

It's 22:05 and still hanging on. Got to "Love lifts us up where we belong" for the 3rd time. Given it's after the lines are supposed to close, and the announcements are still being repeated, I wonder what happens and when?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear about your issues.
From what I can see the connection is currently stable?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
NotBillMurphy

OK, I am mildly impressed, Matthew, that you bothered to check and post - thank you. I managed to get through to Raj this morning around 8.30/8.45. He could see the s/n was too high at 17.1 and said he would reset it to 6. The connection worked OK as you noted. This afternoon around 5pm, it became unusable. I rebooted everything, turned the Wi-Fi off, used Ethernet to connect a single PC, turned off all the NAS, reset the router and still unusable. Latest ping times 1744 ms and 3561 ms according to Ookla speedtest.net. Too slow to use the BT Wholesale checker http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/ it just (eventually) throws an error #2032. speedtest.net reports 0.12 Mpbs and 0.09 Mbps.
I have replied to the SMS Raj organised this morning and hung on to the phone to get through to a very well trained brick wall.
Nevertheless, I don't consider this good service from PlusNet given that a month ago I was getting a perfectly reliable 17Mbps from the competition, churned to you to take advantage of a good deal and was told I would get the speeds I had before, only to find out that you don't have ADSL 2+ in this exchange (about 400m from here). So not only do you reduce my speeds by two thirds, you also use old equipment that has a problem or has a problem with the line.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

@NotBillMurphy
Unfortunately we can only provide what our suppliers have in your exchange although I can see the date for ADSL2+ to be activated at your exchange has been pushed back to the 30th of September.
It looks like the VP in your exchange is Amber which will be causing issues at peak times. I'll see what I can get done.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team