Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Speeds used to be 21mb but now at 12mb

FIXED
jrice
Dabbler

Broadband Speeds used to be 21mb but now at 12mb

Hi There,

Usually we get a great broadband service from Plusnet but recently our speeds have dropped to 12mb.

We live Across the street from the exchange and I know this line is capable of 20mb as it has been for ages, up until a few weeks ago.

Is there anything that can be done to resolve the speed issue?.

P.S I tested speeds with isolated cabled machine after restarting router and it seems like we are stuck at 12mb.

Many thanks for your help.

JRice

3 REPLIES 3
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Broadband Speeds used to be 21mb but now at 12mb

Fix

It looks like your line has become banded by DLM (Dynamic Line Management) but looking over the connections logs etc. I can't really understand why.

I've put through a request to our suppliers to remove the banding, and this should complete within the next few hours. Please could you disconnect/reconnect your router after around 4 hours and let us know if you continue to experience problems.

If there is still an underlying issue, the line could become banded again, but we should be able to get that raised with our suppliers for further investigation if it does come that that.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
jrice
Dabbler

Hi Harry.

Thank you for your assistance, we are now back up to our usual 21mb now after a router restart.

Thank you very much for your help.

Jack

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Quicker than I expected, but glad to hear that's sorted already.

Thanks for letting us know Thumbs_Up

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet