cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Speed

willas00
Grafter

Broadband Speed

Your exchange is planned to have ADSL2+ by 31st August 2010. Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL2+ broadband line speed of 13Mbps.

Taken from https://www.dslchecker.bt.com
Does this mean if ADSL2+ is installed by 31sth August my current speed with PlusNet will increase to the estimated 13Mbps rather than the 7Mbps I'm estimated to be getting and have had before to the current 48kbps I currently get now (which I have logged a fault report for as it seems to be an issue started this evening)?
5 REPLIES 5
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: Broadband Speed

Probably not.  If you have a fault on your system, moving to ADSL2+ will only fix a rather limited number of possible causes.
willas00
Grafter

What I mean is if this fault is fixed and my speed resumes to normal level and once ADSL2+ is available will my speed then improve more?
dick:quote
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Probably but if you plug the attenuation into here it should give an indication http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/max_speed_calc.php
willas00
Grafter

My speed has now shot up to 6.29MB in the latest test from speedtest.net so hopefully the issues with speed over the weekend where just minor problems although I am awaiting to here back form broadband faults.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm glad to hear that we've got your speed problems resolved. If you'd like to be regraded to ADSL2+ (and it sounds like a regrade will be beneficial to you) then just raise a ticket when your exchange is shown as enabled - this will make sure you get regraded as soon as possible, rather than waiting for a bulk regrade to include your account.