cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Question

MegaPixelMan
Grafter

Broadband Question

I've just had an engineer out to install/activate my phone line.
I am aware that I now have to wait 5-7 days for the router and the broadband to be activated.
My question is now the engineer has finished, do I need to contact customer service to let them know? Or will you guys know everything is now connected?
(P.S. I hope this is in the right place xD)

OFF TOPIC QUESTION - My Plusnet Assist doesn't seem to be working with Windows 8. Is there a fix for this?
3 REPLIES 3
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Broadband Question

I'm not aware of any of the experienced users on here that would dream of using Plusnet Assist. There's nothing it does that can't be done manually. I suggest forget it - if you have queries post back here and someone will help.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
MegaPixelMan
Grafter

Thanks for the reply.
I wanted to get everything sorted for when my router is delivered and broadband is activated. But if I don't really need it I won't bother, thank you for letting me know.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Quote from: MegaPixelMan
My question is now the engineer has finished, do I need to contact customer service to let them know? Or will you guys know everything is now connected?

The line installation and phone activation results from an order that Plusnet place on BT Openreach. When the order completes Plusnet should be informed, and I would expect them to send a text message (and email if an address has been provided) to let you know.
So no need for you to tell them. Smiley
David