cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Opt 2 - 8GB

johnmglen
Grafter

Re: Broadband Opt 2 - 8GB

Ah, great - thanks again.  Is there anything I need to do or is it all happening already?
Mand
Grafter

Nope, I'll post an update here, and you'll get one on the ticket, as and when we get any new info.
johnmglen
Grafter

You're a star - thanks very much.
johnmglen
Grafter

Mand or any other PN Staff. Speeds still nowhere near my old PAYG service (wish I'd never moved).  Can you answer me one question though, why can't you simply set this connection up like my old one, that one worked - up to 3 times better than my new one.  Worryingly, this is ever so slightly reminiscent of my ill fated move onto BB+ from premier.  Oh will I never learn Roll_eyes 
This can't be too difficult surely, oh, and still no answer to the latest ticket...........
James
Grafter

Hi there,
I've just dropped a quick reply to your ticket.  Could you possibly run a BT Speedtest for me, put the results into the ticket and see if there is any difference to the seen throughput levels.  We can also try things like changed your Ellacoya profile to the old PAYG one, to see if you then suddenly notice an increase in speeds.
johnmglen
Grafter

Thanks, I will when I get home - at work at the mo Smiley
James
Grafter

Thanks Smiley
What sort of time will you be getting in?  Should hopefully be able to arrange for a profile change made for when you get in.
johnmglen
Grafter

James, I get home about 5.30 PM, Cheers for your input.
John
James
Grafter

John,
Further update to your ticket.  I've now had your profile changed.
johnmglen
Grafter

Just replied to the ticket James, all seems perfectly well again.  Thanks.
PS. Speed test x2 as follows:
    DSL connection rate: 448 kbps(UP-STREAM)  7616 kbps(DOWN-STREAM)
    Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 5823 kbps
    DSL connection rate: 448 kbps(UP-STREAM)  7616 kbps(DOWN-STREAM)
    Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 5803 kbps
James
Grafter

One word. Random.
Prortisation on both service offers is the same for http.  Going to need to look into this one further tomorrow.
johnmglen
Grafter

Random indeed James.  BT Speed Test is showing as per a couple of posts above, Speedtest.net is showing similarly good upstream & downstream speeds.  Your own however, I know it's not the best, is showing 2.5 Kbps whereas it always showed similar to the BT and speed test .net ones (i.e. 5-6 Kbps).
Anyway, thought that might be useful to you, it might well not be too Wink  Anyway, things are certainly usable but dare I say it, things are not as snappy as they were and I don't know what's changed (maybe traffic management of some kind?)
Thanks for your help so far James/Mand and the team - I appreciate it.
Mand
Grafter

It's certainly strange if things are still feeling slow, as on the PAYG profile almost everything is in Gold.
I've added a further update to your ticket, and as James said this will need further investigation to find the cause and resolve it, as it's very random.
James
Grafter

I'd ignore the generic PlusNet Speedtest and use http://www.mybroadbandspeed.co.uk instead.