Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband ONLY package ?

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Broadband ONLY package ?

Has PlusNet stopped doing a "Broadband ONLY"... package   ( used to be £9.99 per month......... unlimited .... monthly contract )...
On the "packages" page it says Broadband only...
https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/broadband-only/

but the only thing I can see is £12.49 PLUS must have PlusNet Phone line .... which is NOT broadband ONLY... it is Broadband + Phone line.
Makes it near to £30 a month...     Shocked     so don`t expect too many takers on that one......   Huh
12 REPLIES 12
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Broadband ONLY package ?

If you click the + line rental link on the Unlimited Broadband only page it says:
Line Rental for Broadband only
You'll need to pay line rental to Plusnet or another BT based landline provider to get our broadband.
If you opt to switch your phone service to Plusnet, we'll reduce your monthly broadband price by £2.50 for as long as you keep your phone line with us.

That seems pretty clear to me.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
shutter
Community Veteran

IF.... as you say.... IF... you click on that link....  to me, that is saying... click on this link to find out how much line rental ( from plusnet ) will be added to your "broadband ONLY" package....  but it doesn`t... it just says you need to have a landline from someone.... hardly "clear" nor helpful...

What happened to "clarity" ? hiding that information behind a link is not " doing anyone proud"  or being clear and helpful to customers.
apart from that  the price is astronomical.... With more people shifting to Fibre Optic contracts, presumably the way PlusNet are going is to try to drive new customers in that direction, by having an astronomical price for "broadband only" + line rental...
Very Very far removed from what the t.v. advert is trying to put across....
I came across it by putting into google.... "plusnet broadband only"... the first linky says....

Broadband only - Plusnet
https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/broadband-only/
Fast, cheap, reliable Broadband and Phone packages. Fibre optic and unlimited broadband deals available with 24/7 UK support.

Hardly "Cheap"... at £12.49 per month....
[Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Quote tag fixed.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

As jelv says quite clear really, and it is unlimited. BUT if you click on the Broadband and Phone, look at that fantastic offer which ends tonight.
Anyway when you click on the "Here's the legal bit" lower down the page, it is all very clearly spelled out.
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: shutter
but the only thing I can see is £12.49 PLUS must have PlusNet Phone line

No, it says £12.49 plus line rental.  No mention of the line needing to be with PN.  It seems to me that PN are going out of their way to be absolutely clear on pricing unlike some of their competitors who bury the fact that you will also be paying line rental to someone...
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Plusnet remain one of the few not requiring their line rental with broadband products (though they do  charge extra for the privilege).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Anotherone
Champion

Quite correct. A friend of mine was whinging to me the other week about how there's hardly any providers offering broadband now without taking their line rental. I reminded him Plusnet did, but it £2.50 cheaper if taking Plusnet Line Rental.
shutter
Community Veteran

Quote from: pwatson
Quote from: shutter
but the only thing I can see is £12.49 PLUS must have PlusNet Phone line

No, it says £12.49 plus line rental.  No mention of the line needing to be with PN.  It seems to me that PN are going out of their way to be absolutely clear on pricing unlike some of their competitors who bury the fact that you will also be paying line rental to someone...

Erm...yeah.... but ! ! ! ... the way it is done, it "looks" like you need PlusNet line rental.... just a tad misleading... ( must be... it misled me ! ! ! 0  Cheesy
Anotherone
Champion

Headline adverts from all companies never contain the small print. If your read everything that's there, especially the "Here's the legal bit", as we've all said, it's quite clear.
Anyone that signs up for anything without reading the Ts&Cs (The legal bit) is a mug. Now if you find something wrong or misleading in the "Legal bit" then that's another matter Undecided
colintivy
Rising Star

I am on Plus Broadband, (limited to 4Gb/month) only, since day 1. I pay the telephone line rent +calls etc., to BT. The £12.49 could be worth the extra for unlimited at an exrra £! or so but I seldom hit the buffers!!
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I thought Plus was £14.99 and 10GB allowance.
If your exchange is not Market 1 it would definitely be worth you switching.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
colintivy
Rising Star

Just checked on my account and find that the package is definitely 4GB and I pay £11.99 per month with an added £1.25 per GB if exceed my ration. My exchange (Llechryd) is very rural but I do not remember which Market it is on. There is not much chance of us getting Fibre, although it is due to arrive in Cardigan any time now.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@'colintivy' -
Putting your exchange name into the SamKnows "UK Exchange Search", press '[Search]' and then click on your exchange name,
It says that you are on "Market 1", and the FTTC RFS date is 31/12/2014.
If you put your phone number into the BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER, does that give you any more detail ?