cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Issues since Friday evening 9/9

gooner77
Grafter

Broadband Issues since Friday evening 9/9

I've had issues with connection of various devices on my network since yesterday evening. My Xbox One and PS4 won't connect by ethernet cable and work sometimes on wi fi but get disconnected. We've also had issues with our phones and tablets being connected to wifi but having no internet connection

It looks to me a DNS settings issue but having changed to a PlusnetHubOne recently it appears I can't change them. I had the same issue back in July and I had to resolve it myself by using OpenDNS settings on my old Netgear router

Chat is offline so I'm hoping someone on here can help or provide me with a link to logging a fault.

Can't find it on the site

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Broadband Issues since Friday evening 9/9

https://faults.plus.net

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
gooner77
Grafter

How do I change the names of the 2.4ghz and 5 ghz SSID so that I can tell them apart. I think the issue may be down to my devices connecting to 5ghz

I've tried to edit them but the name fields are greyed out and non editable

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@gooner77

The Help guide is here https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/router-user-guides/ , click on the picture of the Hub One and follow the advice for "How to check or change WiFi settings" but basically ensure that you also unclick the box marked "Sync with 2.4Ghz (5Ghz band only)" so that you can make the 2 WiFi bands different. 

There is also a video in the guide in this section too.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
gooner77
Grafter

It looks like we're losing connection to both bands. Someone tried to call me at home yesterday despite me asking them to call me on my mobile number and I missed the call.

I was expcting the callback on Monday not yesterday. I'm still having regular issues with all connected devices losing connection and not being able to go on the internet. my phone a sony xperia z3 can stay connected for all of 10 mins and then it has no internet access

Really getting frustrated and its been nearly a week of issues

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Just go to the advanced tab, WiFi, 5Ghz, untick/slide the button to Sync with 2.4Ghz, and then add a 5 to the 5Ghz channels, or call them whatever you want.