cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Issues // Flashing Green Light

patrickdeere84

Broadband Issues // Flashing Green Light

I’ve been having issues setting up my broadband as the green light continues to flash once plugged in to the OpenReach socket. Called approximately 10 times this week alone, been on hold for probably 2+ hours, been given multiple differing stories as to what the issue is. They’ve raised MULTIPLE tickets with OpenReach which have resolved nothing. OpenReach have lied stating they have tried to call once in my area, which they have not. My frustration with Plusnet is at breaking point. I have never struggled this much/spent so much time trying to get ANY service setup. It is a ridiculous and I would not recommend this provider to ANYONE.

However, I’ve just unplugged the ASDL cable from the OpenReach socket and the light continues to flash green. Wierd. How do I know if it’s an issue with the router or the line? I’m beginning to think this all a play to get an engineer out for them to tell me it’s my fault and charge me £65.

Anyone had similar experiences?
5 REPLIES 5
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Broadband Issues // Flashing Green Light

Hi @patrickdeere84,

I'm very sorry for the poor experience that you've had in regards to this fault. It's disappointing to hear that you have been told different stories by different advisors and I will be looking into this further and will pass on internal feedback where necessary, as this isn't the level of service that we aim to provide.

In terms of your fault I can see that an appointment has been booked for an engineer to visit your property. Our faults team will contact you after this appointment to check on the outcome of this and to confirm whether the fault is resolved.

In terms of the £65 charge, I would like to assure you that this is not something that we benefit from and we do our best to ensure that customers don't get charged this. Our suppliers levy a three figure charge if an engineer appointment is deemed to not be necessary and we cover the majority of this and £65 is passed on to the customer - so we are very stringent when it comes to accepting and passing on these charges. As there is definitely a fault and you have done the troubleshooting checks, the risk of a charge for the engineer visit will be very minimal - provided you don't miss the appointment or cancel it with less than 48 hours' notice.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
patrickdeere84

Can you tell me what time the engineer will be at my flat on Friday?

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @patrickdeere84,

I've sent you confirmation of the engineer appointment timeslot via the open ticket on your account, which can be viewed here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
patrickdeere84

Can you confirm what time the engineer will be at my apartment?

Can you also confirm my mobile number so they can call if there is any issues?

Patrick
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Patrick.

Unfortunately we're not provided a time the engineer will arrive except within the 5 hour timeslot.

With regards to your contact number, the one we've got on your account ends in 228, but I'm afraid I can't confirm whether this has been passed onto the engineer when booking the appointment as the fault is in what's called Past Point of No Return which means that no amends can be made and we can't touch the fault report to view the contact details we left.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet