cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Issue Regarding Multiple Devices In Use At The Same Time

JoshWallHome

Broadband Issue Regarding Multiple Devices In Use At The Same Time

Hi everyone
I've been with PlusNet for a while now and have always had this problem, but felt it was time I spoke up and got it fixed!
I play a lot of online games on both PC and Xbox, however when another device tries to use the internet at the same time (mobile phone, laptop) to do things as simple as loading a shopping website, I get a big lag spike for about 5-15 seconds, and then it goes back to normal until a new page is loaded by the person shopping. This happens with Netflix also, but my main concern is the fact my partner can't even load a basic, low-data website without it ruining my experience.
The strange thing is, I've had a friend round and we played online games next to each other with no issues, with both of us using wireless.
Speeds
Download: 13.66 mbps
Upload: 0.37 mbps
Connection type
Tried both wireless and wired for the gaming console/laptop.
Any advice? I tried calling Plusnet today, but the Queue time is 30 minutes minimum. I also tried the online troubleshooter, however that is offline. No, Jess didn't have the answer either.
I appreciate your help!
Josh
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Broadband Issue Regarding Multiple Devices In Use At The Same Time

for a start ask for your upload to be uncapped
Either wait for it to be picked here (probably Monday) or phone in (waiting patiently) or raise a ticket here https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=wizard&page=22883&wizard_id=38
JoshWallHome

Thanks for the reply OldJim. Am I entitled to ask for an uncapped upload limit? Is this a standard thing?
Just bumping this topic so it'll hopefully get some attention Smiley
Gaz3000
Grafter

This sounds scarily similar to my connection at times, but then again it could just be my whopping 4.2M  Wink
I am going to keep an eye on this post...
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi JoshWallHome,
I've just placed an order for your upload speeds to be uncapped, you should notice a difference tomorrow morning. I'm confident this should resolve the issue for you. It's quite possible that your upload was being used and potentially fully utilising it's bandwidth at times which may have caused problems.
Please let us know if you continue to have problems following this.