cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband / Home Phone for a Shared House...

Assos
Grafter

Broadband / Home Phone for a Shared House...

I've just moved into a shared house at university with 3 others and been tasked with sorting out the phone and internet. When we moved in there was a BT telephone line active in our landlords name, which he tried to transfer into mine, however gave up after being passed between different departments and countries within BT numerous times. He has now asked BT to cancel the line, which should take effect from tomorrow (2nd October).
We want to get the internet set up as quickly as possible and would also like to take up PN home phone as well. We'll be paying all activation charges up front, as we don't want to be locked into a twelve month contract.
What would be the best way of going about this and how much longer are we likely to be without internet?
TIA,
Daniel
7 REPLIES 7
James
Grafter

Re: Broadband / Home Phone for a Shared House...

Hi Daniel,
You're probably looking at an activation fee of £78.85 (£40 for broadband and £38.85 for the phone).
The phoneline installation would normally take up to two weeks, but if you ask Mand really nicely, she might be able to get it done more quickly for you by placing the order manually (don't look at me, I'm on holiday in 8 minutes!).  Once the phone line is up and running, it would be 5 working days for the broadband connection.
Assos
Grafter

Thanks James, have a nice holiday!
I presume I'll need to set up a PAYG dialup account then upgrade it?
Mand
Grafter

Hi Daniel,
If you setup a PAYG dial account and then raise a ticket for my attention regarding the phone line and broadband packages required I'll see how quickly we can get this sorted for you.
You'll need payment details on there for the install fee as well.
Drop me a PM with the username once the above is done and we'll get you sorted. Smiley
Assos
Grafter

Thanks Mand,
I rang up the CSC last night after Dave T suggested to do so, they've set me up an account (theoldstables08) and said someone would ring me today to confirm how much the home phone charge would be. I would appreciate if you could get it through as quickly as possible though! Payment details are all on the account already. Smiley
Mand
Grafter

Hi,
We've got an order placed now, I've PM'ed you the details. Smiley
Assos
Grafter

Thanks Mand,
The telephone line now appears to be live, however the ticket hasn't been touched since it came off hold on Friday. Is there any chance of getting some movement on the ADSL side of things?
Mand
Grafter

Hi,
Your Home Phone order was closed by BT Openreach this afternoon, and we've now placed a broadband order for you, which will complete by the 13th.