cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Down

Mazeppa

Broadband Down

We had no access to broadband last night, and this morning. It seems to be an ongoing issue.
The Service Information page was last updated at 16:11 yesterday, and talks about PTN-AG01, 20CN and 21CN networks and "Plan B"
This means precisely nothing to me. All I know is that my Daughter couldn't do her homework.
How about a user friendly update for non techies? When is it going to be sorted? What can users do in the meantime - i.e. is "Plan B" any use for users?
My own "Plan B" is likely to involve another ISP at this rate.
I'm utterly bewildered.
2 REPLIES 2
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Broadband Down

HI Mazeppa,
welcome to the forums. I take into account your point about the service status sometimes being a bit too descriptive, but we do also try to include a more general description of what it means. As for your issue, we are not aware of any problems in your area today so I would best advise you to call our support team on 0845 140 0200 for help with that.
Jojo Smiley
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Broadband Down

Plan B won't cause you any connection problems, you'll still be able to get online. What would have been affecting you yesterday was the connectivity problems on our 21CN platform.
If you haven't done so yet today, I'd advise powering down your modem/router for 20 minutes before attempting to reconnect to the Internet. You should find after this that you're able to connect as normal, if not give our support team a call on the number JoJo provided.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.