Did you mean: 

Broadband Connection Drops When Phone Answered or Dialling Out

chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Broadband Connection Drops When Phone Answered or Dialling Out

Hi Darreng,
I can see that we're currently testing your line and we'll update you as soon as this has finished.
Darreng

Seemed to be a lot going on with the line last night, so assume Plusnet were having a fiddle about
Speed dropped down to almost 0, red lights showing internet completely off etc..
No confirmation via the support system, so will have to see.
Thanks for all the help
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The testing that we've performed on your line can interrupt your connection, we'll be updating your ticket as soon as we can.
Darreng

Update:
No official answer via the support system, but I received an email Friday afternoon with the subject 'Important Information About Your Broadband Connection' stating they had asked for interleaving to be turned on (been turned off about 4 or 5 years at the suggestion of Plusnet) and that it can take up to 5 days to see an improvement.  Assuming they are keeping the support call open so they can re-check the line afterwards?
As of Sunday morning, the problem with dropping connection during phone calls persists, but I have noticed  it now does not drop until a little later in the call rather than within the first few seconds.
Fingers crossed.
Been with Plusnet since February 2006 and this is the first time I have had reason to consider looking elsewhere..
tonypart

Hi
I have just had  the same problem. Reported the fault through the test wizard. Had a visit from a BT Openreach engineer who proved the fault to be in the Local Exchange. BT did a "lift & shift" and the fault is now gone! Smiley
It would appear that the line splitter in the exchange can give the same symptoms as a duff micro filter!!!
TonyP
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

My colleague is currently dealing with your fault, your ticket will be updated shortly.