cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband ADSL2+ upgrade questions

Raiden

Broadband ADSL2+ upgrade questions

Hi,
Currently I am on the ADSL Max 8 Mb/s service with the pro addon.  It appears from other sites that the exchange (Liphook) that I am connecting to has been up to 21CN ADSL2+ but the user tools shows no date for the update to the exchange.
I was wondering if someone could confirm if I an upgrade to ADSL2+ is now possible for me.  Also what would be involved with the upgrade including how much downtime would I have switching services.  Would plusnet provide an ADSL2+ router for the upgrade?  Is the pro addon still available on the ADSL2+ service as I am a avid gamer? Would the new service still have the option of a fixed IP address?
Thanks in Advance,
Mark
14 REPLIES 14
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Broadband ADSL2+ upgrade questions

Hi there,
It's definitely available, I've just ordered ADSL2+ for your line, the order should complete in 5 working days time.
In answer to your other questions an upgrade like this only affects speed and won't affect other aspects of your service, so yes you can still have pro and a fixed IP. With regards to a router we can provide you with one for a postage and packing fee of £5.99. The cost of the router is spread over a 12 month deferred contract, meaning we'd ask you to pay if you cancelled within a year. Do let me know what router you have at the moment as I'd e surprised if it's not already ADSL2 compatible.
Kind regards,
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Raiden

Hi,
Thanks for the fast reply.  I am currently using a US Robotics 9105 4 port router.  I dont believe this supports ADSL2+.  If you can confirm what I suspect that the router is in fact not ADSL2+ compatible then I would need to get the new router.  Can you let me know the best way to sort the payment of the P&P for the router.
Best Regards
Mark
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem, OK the easiest way to make payment is by card, however it might be easier if I give you a quick phone call  as we need to confirm the CCV number for each payment we take.
If you need to add/change the card on your account please visit here: https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=mydetails&?membermenu=accountdetails
once you've done that (if you need to) let me know here and I'll give you a call, as soon as that's paid for I'll order the router for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Raiden

Ok updated the card details and now ready for the call. Smiley
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sorted, cheers for your time on the phone Smiley
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Raiden

Any idea when the adsl2+ is likely to go live? Was told 10 days but still not yet on.
Mark
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

To clarify it is already live and the 10 day line training starts from when the order completes. Your's completed on the 14th so there's a few days to wait yet.
Line diagnostics are showing me that no line rate has been calculated yet so that lets me know that the process is working and is under way.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Raiden

Currently I have my ADSL router plugged into the line.  At what point should I connect the new ADSL2 router to the line?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'd swap them over ASAP otherwise it could have a negative effect on achieving faster speeds.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: Raiden
I am currently using a US Robotics 9105 4 port router.  I dont believe this supports ADSL2+.

From the release notes for the latest firmware:
USR9105 ADSL 4 Port Router Release
February 25 2005
Release Version: 2.3
Code Version: 1020_022505-2.14L.01A.a2a013b
Hardware revision in serial number: 2
Annex A L1 Firmware: a2a013b
Annex B L1 Firmware: N/A
Installation CD Part Number:R31.0283.00
EasyConfigurator utility Version: 2.39

Features & Enhancements
Release 2.3
- Accept '$' in user name and password
- User defined PPP MTU size
- User selectable support of the “Reaim Proxy”
- Increase the maximum number of connections up to 2000

Release 2.1
- Limit IP filter name length by 15 characters
- Fully support PPP IP extension mode
- Accept only TKIP or AES encryption (not both)
- Support multiple VPN tunneling sessions

Release 2.0
- Ability to turn on and off UPNP
- Option to save/load configuration to/from a file
- Virtual server configuration is easier especially for port translation
- Status bar and pop up window tells the user that the router has booted and can refresh the page
- Associated Wireless Clients - ability to see which wireless users are currently connected so that they can be denied or allowed access
- Policy based IP filtering for firewall
- Access Control by IP address and service type.
- ADSL2 support
- IPQoS Policies
- Wireless driver supports WDS mode

See http://www.usr-emea.com/support/s-prod-template.asp?prod=9105&loc=unkg
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Raiden

Thx for information.  Will investigate tonight. Smiley
Raiden

Hi,
Been connected to the ADSL2 now for 2 days and the speeds have not risen above the ones we had on ADSL (6Mb/s).  I am syncing at 17 Mb/s. I also did a BT test and it rates my ip profile as "IP Profile for your line is - 15.23 Mbps".  I wonder if you guys and girls at plusnet need to alter my profile there for the higher speeds to take effect?
Mark
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Raiden,
I've just changed you profile to 15200 to allow for your new BT IP profile. That should take effect shortly.
Jojo Smiley
Raiden

Wicked Smiley  Seems to have taken and getting over 14Mb/s at the moment.  Thanks Smiley