Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bright Sparks

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Bright Sparks

Quote from: James_H
Any more bright sparks want to step forwards?

I'm hunthome from the old forums, would someone mind changing me Smiley
Be3G
Grafter

[me=Be3G]holds up his hand[/me]
John_Essex
Grafter

Did your's and drunkenmonkey's today Thomas  Smiley
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Is there something similar happening for usergroup members?
Be3G
Grafter

Quote from: John_Essex
Did your's and drunkenmonkey's today Thomas  Smiley

Cheers John.
John_Essex
Grafter

Quote from: Peter
Is there something similar happening for usergroup members?

I don't see why not Peter.
I'll make enquiries check that there are no objections to me setting that up  Wink
shellsong
Grafter

Maybe I should lose my bright spark status anyway - I haven't been as active as I used to be and hopefully my move to Be is imminent at last!
By the way I can't help feeling that changing over to this forum method before being able to transfer across all the live topics from the old forum was a major foul-up!
Walrus
Grafter

Touchdown.
Interesting forum choice. Can't help agree with many other posts (in other threads) that it feels very 'disjointed' from the main site.
I'm 'Spare' btw, well I never really was I was always Walrus. Confused, you will be  Tongue
Anon
Pro

Interesting to see that new forums and a new community don't really change the customers or their attitudes! Grin
Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
Be3G
Grafter

Quote from: Liam
I've just fixed a permissions problem with the Bright Sparks Membergroup which would have meant they wouldn't have been able to see most of the forums or have any options for contacting anyone, posting threads, altering their profile etc.. etc...
Should now be fixed.

Looks like it isn't quite. I just wanted to post a reply to a thread in the 'Product / Service Announcements' forum and noticed that I wasn't able to do so, yet other users are seemingly able to.
John_Essex
Grafter

Certainly people were Thomas and it was raised as an issue to the Comms team.
I don't know if others still can or if its blocked for everyone other than Mods and Admins now.
Edit:- Just checked posting dates and yes there are posts after the supposed fix so I will raise it as an issue.
Be3G
Grafter

IMHO it would be nice if the aforementioned forum was left open for replies by forum members anyway - I always thought the 'if you'd like to discuss this announcement, please visit the thread over here' was a bit cumbersome, when it's perfectly possible to have people reply directly to the threads. The only caveat I can think of is that it might mean the announcements are knocked out of order if they're sorted by last post time/date... however, there might be a facility with this forum software to assign a different thread sort order for a particular forum, which would solve that problem. (I don't actually know if that's the case or not as I have no experience of admin/mod-ing in SMF, but I have seen it possible in other forum software.)