cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue light on no internet!

Jarryd
Dabbler

Blue light on no internet!

So my typical luck. I've got a very important meeting today on teams woke up to no internet. The hub light is blue but everything that connects is saying no internet. I've been into the advanced settings and tried the option they give out in other threads but it hasn't worked Sad
6 REPLIES 6
Jarryd
Dabbler

Re: Blue light on no internet!

May I also add I've waited for over an hour to get through to someone on the phone and gave up Sad
Grhmeh
Dabbler

Mine is the same, my son who is in It has changed his DNS server to 8.8.8.8  on his Mobile phone and and is now connected. He thinks there must be a issue with Plusnet’s DNS servers. Has Plusnet done an update last night and it’s gone wrong.

Jarryd
Dabbler

It's a good job they have this forum as atleast you can find out about this from a customer. You would have thought they could have emailed everyone using that DNS To tell them about the issue.
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

?What good would an email be if you couldn't get a connection? or am I missing something

John
Jarryd
Dabbler

To inform you of what's happening why else? Otherwise your trying to ring them and waiting on the phone for over an hour to not even get through to speak to someone. I can still get an email through on my phone to inform me.
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Not everyone has email configured on their phone - most of my mail only goes to the laptop, although I do have iCloud mail set up, but very rarely use it.

The other point is, finding out who was affected would be a manual and very time-consuming exercise, probably meaning that by the time you got the email, the problem would be resolved.

John