cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry and webmail

knappettg
Dabbler

Blackberry and webmail

I am still trying to access PlusNet webmail using my work blackberry on Vodafone.
I have to do it via webmail as I am blocked (by work) from taking it direct.
I always used to be able to do it but now I get the dreaded "ERROR You need to be logged in" message every time I try to log in.
I have tried on other Blackberry Pearls and get the same message.
I have tried on other mobiles and can get in OK.
Can anyone suggest a way forward.
At the moment I am using googlemail as a work round, but I am sure that is not what Plusnet intended!
Thanks.
Geoff
8 REPLIES 8
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Blackberry and webmail

That sounds like some kind of issue with cookies, though I wouldn't know how to clear those on a blackberry I'm afraid - try it, and if it makes no difference post back and we'll take another look for you.
Harra1958

I have exactly the same problem; I can log into just about anything else including the Plus Net homepage - just not webmail. HELP!  Cheesy
spock
Grafter

I had the same issue, searched around and came to the conclusion that the blackberry browser doesn't support frames properly, which could be the issue as SquirrelMail needs them Angry
I did find a workaround which involves installing opera mini and using that instead of the blackberry browser  ;D.
Get Opera Mini visiting http://m.opera.com on your bb.
Spock
zubel
Community Veteran

Why not set the Blackberry up to poll your imap account?  (I'm assuming it's a residential blackberry, and not an employer-controlled one).
Depending on your network provider, you should be able to configure the BIS service to poll as many mailboxes as you like.  Each one can either appear as a seperate mailbox on your BB, or you can combine them into a single mailbox.
For example, with O2, you just head over to www.o2email.co.uk, register using your IMEI and PIN, and set up the details to access your mailbox.  One brief network update later and the mailbox should appear on your BB.
The advantage is that your email is pushed to you, and you don't have to go check it on Webmail.  It also works perfectly with Plusnet's IMAP service (I have it configured myself).
Cheers
B.
artificer
Grafter

my experience is that one logs into webmail separately.  see if that works on the blackberry.
spock
Grafter

Quote from: Barry
Why not set the Blackberry up to poll your imap account?  (I'm assuming it's a residential blackberry, and not an employer-controlled one).

Unfortunately it's a BES controlled device in my case and I can't see a way to add IMAP accounts as well.
If anyone else knows how, be really interested to get it working.
TIA
Spock
zubel
Community Veteran

I believe you can set up additional BIS based email accounts as long as your corporate BES server doesn't restrict it.
http://uk.blackberry.com/support/blackberry101/email.jsp is a good place to start - see if it is possible to set up a BIS account with your provider alongside the BES management.
Cheers
B.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@knappettg, if you drop me a PM I might be able to sort something out for you Wink

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵