cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Binatone ADSL500 & Vista

Richchad
Rising Star

Re: Binatone ADSL500 & Vista

Well the new Voyager 2091 arrived at lunchtime today, have spent the last 3 hours trying to get it to work, back on my old USB modem just to get on this forum  Sad
Could I have a faulty router?
Everything goes fine but it will not accept my username and password.
When I run a diagnostic test it passes everything except Ethernet which shows 'Down' as it isn't connected but Test authentication with ISP shows Fail.
This a USB connection only, I followed the instructions to the letter, have rebooted my PC and the router several times but still no joy.  Angry
James
Grafter

Hmm.
Test authentication suggests a username/password failure.  I'll run some tests and see what I can find out.
Richchad
Rising Star

Wrong Password  Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
Thanks for that James back online now.
Well I won't need any radiators on in my den this winter, this router sure runs hot  Wink
Richchad
Rising Star

Quote from: Richchad
Quote from: James
I know Smiley
If you move to BBYW (should it be suitable for you) you can get one, barring the P&P charges.

If I switch to BBYW Option 2 and find it doesn't suit me can I switch back? (and keep the modem if I stay for 12 months)  Wink

Quote from: Jameseh
Yes, that would be absolutely fine.

James do you remember this conversation a couple of months ago, well can I switch back to BB+ without incurring any charges?
I have had a router but believe this is not a problem as long as I do not leave.  Wink
It is that I have just been informed that I have exceeded my 8GB limit, in all the time I have been with PN I have never used more than 5GB  Sad
I assume the peak time change has caused me to exceed 8GB as I use my PC mostly during the day.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Richchad,
I've moved you back onto broadband plus, all you need to do is disconnect and then reconnect in order to pick up the change.
Hope that helps,
Richchad
Rising Star

Many thanks Orbrey.