cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billed too much? (switched from Metronet to Plusnet - see post #21)

Dan29
Dabbler

Re: Billed too much?

Yesterday I reduced my allowance to 1GB as I thought this would take effect for my next billing period, which I believe starts today.
However I've now had an e-mail saying "An extra 1GB of data transfer has been automatically added to your account for this month at a charge of £1.00."
Is this right and if so is the correct time to adjust your allowance if you think you're going to have a particularly high or low usage month actually just AFTER you've received a bill?
Thanks
Dan
James
Grafter

Re: Billed too much? (latest query is on page 2)

Dan,
What's your PlusNet username?  This account is tagged to your Metronet one.
James
Grafter

Hi Dan,
I think I can see what has happened here.  When you signed up, you requested 3GB of usage. You then  chose to downgrade to 1GB and subsequently exceeded your 1GB usage limit, meaning that you then paid for an additional GB of usage.
does that make sense?
Dan29
Dabbler

Quote from: James
Hi Dan,
I think I can see what has happened here.  When you signed up, you requested 3GB of usage. You then  chose to downgrade to 1GB and subsequently exceeded your 1GB usage limit, meaning that you then paid for an additional GB of usage.
does that make sense?

14 Aug to 13 Sep I wanted 3GB.
14 Sep to 13 Oct I wanted 1GB.
On 13 Sep, having used 1.75GB of that month's allowance, I changed my allowed to 1GB for the following month.
I'd already paid for 3GB from 14 Aug to 13 Sep, so I didn't downgrade to 1GB and subsequently exceed 1GB; I'd already exceeded it before I downgraded - but surely I'd paid for that?
I don't understand when I'm supposed to reduce the allowance if I want a lower allowance during one billing period than the previous one?

Dan29
Dabbler

Quote from: PJ
If your billing date is indeed today then it may take a few hours for the scripts to reset your usage (and you may be "over" usage as a result). If this does happen then the extra bandwidth is refunded when the billing scripts catch up.

Cheers for that. If I could find my latest bill I would check, but it seems to be stuck in limbo at the moment..!
Dan29
Dabbler

Re: Billed too much?

Quote from: Jameseh
Thanks Dan.
I've now closed your account.

Hi again.
I've just had an e-mail:
"Username: daniel456
Billing Notice for your Metronet PAYGo Option 2 with included 2,097MB bandwidth.
You have been billed successfully for £13.75."
Will the system really try to take this money or is it just an erroneous e-mail?
Thanks
Dan
James
Grafter

Re: Billed too much? (switched from Metronet to Plusnet - see post #21)

Hi Dan,
Please accept my apologies for this.  When I cancelled your master account as previously discussed, I had assumed that this would also result in the cancellation of your "child" account. This did not happen and as such you were billed again. I have now refunded this invoice and am raising a ticket to myself to ensure that your ADSL service with PlusNet is not cancelled.
Dan29
Dabbler

Re: Billed too much? (switched from Metronet to Plusnet - see post #21)

Quote from: Jameseh
Hi Dan,
Please accept my apologies for this.  When I cancelled your master account as previously discussed, I had assumed that this would also result in the cancellation of your "child" account. This did not happen and as such you were billed again. I have now refunded this invoice and am raising a ticket to myself to ensure that your ADSL service with PlusNet is not cancelled.

Not a problem - thanks very much James.