Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big Movies and TIF Space?

caulbox
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Big Movies and TIF Space?

Before I set about foolishly re-partitioning hard drives, I'd be grateful if someone could clarify a couple of question. I'm totally new to all this broadband stuff, and whilst feeling my way around. I've downloaded a few movies from YouTube, using a former GOTD freebie (VideoGet). VideoGet's been working great so far - but one exception has now left me curious.
If I try to download the Herzog/Kinski documentary:

....I get an error message from VideoGet, telling me that the site refused to comply, although the request was understood. At first, I thought it might be a copyright violation - but I am able to view the footage on YouTube without problems. There's also a brief 'viewer discretion' message at the beginning, and I'm wondering if that might account for the download problem?
But I'm also now wondering if another explanation could be related to limitations of my IE8 'Temporary Internet Files' storage capacity? I'm not sure exactly how VideoGet works, but I've noticed that even when I've successfully downloaded movies (to a custom location), an identical (.flv) file of the footage still gets created (and lingers) in my TIF directory, just as if I had watched the film on YouTube. Earlier this morning, I watched the entire documentary, though I would have preferred to have kept a permanent copy. It was quite high quality video, so I'm guessing that the video file will be relatively large too. On this occasion, whilst viewing the film, nothing was added to my TIF directory.
I suspect that I might not have had enough space to accommodate the related.flv file? To minimise defrag issues, I use a separate 1.5GB partition exclusively for my mail and TIF directories. Now that I've got broadband, I'm wondering if this is enough? I was just about to commence with the task of re-partitioning my system to afford more space for TIF files. But I'm wondering if it'll just be a waste of time and effort, and won't make any difference? As well as my own physical disk space limitation, IE8 only allows me to select a maximum of 1024MB disk space to use for TIF (that's why I made my partition 1.5GB in the first place).
Though I may be totally on the wrong track with regards to this particular movie, the internet has suddenly become a MUCH bigger place. As a general question, and with an eye on the future, I remain uncertain as to whether there is any point in my increasing the physical space of my TIF partition, or whether the 1024MB maximum is an inescapable limitation of XP and IE8? Even if this doesn't have any bearing on why I couldn't download the movie today, I can foresee other possibilities where (say) I might wish to queue three or four movies to be downloaded with VideoGet overnight. Can anyone offer a workaround or recommendation (maybe using a different download utility).
Cheers for any help and clarification!