Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best time for a line re-set

jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Best time for a line re-set

Hi AverageWhiteBloke,
If you're still having trouble getting the firmware upgraded let me know and I'll get it done from our end.
Jojo Smiley
AWB70
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

I was wondering if you could do that, that would be great if you could just let me know what I need to do Jo.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI AverageWhiteBloke,
You don't need to do anything but you will lose connectivity for about 10 minutes.
Jojo Smiley
AWB70
Aspiring Pro

Ok thanks, any idea when this will be happening?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi AverageWhiteBloke,
It's done now.
Jojo Smiley
AWB70
Aspiring Pro

Legend Thanks errr any chance of getting the line re-set now  Roll_eyes I don't know how long this takes or how much it will interfere with my internet so Mondays good for me if it does. It'll probably give me chance to check all my network settings and make sure that every thing's working as it should be so I can leave it after that. I messed about with a few settings while trying to get the upgrade to work in the first place.
BTW does resetting to factory defaults effect the firmware? It maybe an idea to reset everything up from scratch. It usually takes a few reboots in between setting changes to make them work, don't want the exchange thinking it's discos a dropping my profile during a reset. 
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI AverageWhiteBloke,
give me a nudge on Monday about the reset and I'll take a look. Factory resetting shouldn't change the firmware It'll just lose your details and wireless password etc.
Jojo Smiley
AWB70
Aspiring Pro

Can I get the reset please? I've tried DMZ my PS3 at the weekend to no avail  Sad This router is really annoying. I'll ask about in the gaming part of the board to see if anyone's had any luck.
Cheers
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI AverageWhiteBloke,
I've reset that now for you. I'll check it later after my soaps Smiley
Jojo Smiley
AWB70
Aspiring Pro

Thanks, I checked this morning before leaving for work. My sync speed has raised from 3300 ish to 4700 ish and I was getting download speeds of 3700  Smiley Back to the connection speeds I used to know and love.
Hopefully I should stay there, my router logs showed 3 loss of signals but that may be it reconnecting during the process Undecided I've reset my logs and will keep an eye out for anymore.
BTW you didn't switch my pc on did you ? I could have swore the computer was not knocked on yesterday and this morning my missus said it was on when she got up  Grin Can that even be done remotely?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: AverageWhiteBloke
BTW you didn't switch my pc on did you ? I could have swore the computer was not knocked on yesterday and this morning my missus said it was on when she got up  Grin Can that even be done remotely?

I'm good... but not that good! Wink
AWB70
Aspiring Pro

Trippy  Grin
So is that done now or is it an ongoing process?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi AverageWhiteBloke ,
Your current sync rate is 5280k so your profile will lift again to 4500k if it stays like that.
Jojo Smiley
AWB70
Aspiring Pro

Thanks for that, checking tonight I'm still at 5280 but have suffered loss of signal 3 times and my snr is hovering about 4.5/5 db. I hope it stays, I've put up with 2200 for the last 4/5 month. Out of curiosity what decides what speed it will stay at?
I just hope if I can keep the speed I can sort the router with my ps3.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: AverageWhiteBloke
Out of curiosity what decides what speed it will stay at?

If you mean download speed then that is dependent on the IP profile. If you are talking about the sync speed then that is defined by your attenuation and SNR.
Jojo Smiley