Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best site to check Speed on?

droffy
Grafter

Best site to check Speed on?

Hi,
Got activated on FTTC yesterday afternoon, and have been running speed tests on speedtest.net, thinkbraodband and the BTw checker but none of these seem to give me any kind of stable results and the BTw checker always is the worst one.
the machines i have been using for the tests are both on wired connections to my Billion 7800n and i am around 20m from the FTTC Cab.
I just wondered if i am going around the checks wrong because the best result that i seem to able to get is around the 60Mb mark but my usenet client was showing me 78.3mb.
I just want to know how to get acurate test speeds as when i was on ADSL i used to use routerstats to monitor my connection, but that is no longer viable now i have moved to FTTC, is there any kind of similar software to get those kind of stats.
I have an ECI OR router and dont really want to go down the buy an unlocked one from ebay route just yet.
Just want a good speedtest result to post in me SIG Smiley
cheers
Droffy
5 REPLIES 5
thomasjc1
Grafter

Re: Best site to check Speed on?

I find speedtest.net to be most consistent I also use jd's auto speedtester you have to install it and it will be on your desktop.
I find with the bt one it always shows ridiculous pings
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi droffy,
Profile seems to have settled on BTs side at 77436 so it's looking good, are you not starting to see the tests settling around that mark?
droffy
Grafter

Thanks for the reply Adam i am still having issues getting reliable speed test results, however what i have noticed is that Firefox seems to give me more unreliable information than using IE to run the tests, might also be my Laptop as my desktop gives me better results as well although both are on wired connections.
However that being said so far i am happy with the service and the support you guys supply in these forums.
thanks
Dro
NedLudd
Grafter

I find that Speedtest is the most consistent, although that doesn't mean it's the most accurate!
Geoff,
York.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks for the reply Adam

Not sure I did, but no worries Wink
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team