Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Belkin Router performance

colintivy
Rising Star

Belkin Router performance

Hi jojo!
In my posts under Voyager 210 behaving oddly, I have been recommended by brokenthumb to perform certain actions to bring to your attention my present situation. The Belkin has been on 24/7 for a month, all the stats are virtually constant with not a single drop-out. This is is direct contrast from the old V210. What I have noticed is that the actual performance is somewhat reduced now and wonder if the the rate of drop-outs has caused a reduction being imposed and can it be improved??  Any views???
Colin  Huh
2 REPLIES 2
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Belkin Router performance

Hi colintivy,
Can I just clarify... You are now and have been connected with the belkin. The line was inconsistent with the voyager?
The SNR is quite high but as far as the history of that goes, I can only go back 14 days. What would you say the best speed you have had has been a) with the voyager and b) with the belkin?
Jojo Smiley
colintivy
Rising Star

Re: Belkin Router performance

The Belkin has been connected 24/7  for about a month and is still OK now. The V210 suffered from occasional drop-outs, which got steadily worse until the need for a new router was obvious because it never stayed on during the night and would fail sometimes every few minutes . However when behaving during its turbulent recent lifetime, it did give me D/L rates up to 4 megs with noise margins around 10-12 dbs in recent months. The Belkin has achieved  2912 Kb @ 12db down to 2496 Kb @ 18 db very consistently. I check the Belkin stats using 192.168.2.1/ but do not print-out every time. Now that the performance is so reliable, I have wondered whether the V210 failure had lead to a reduction in the rate and noise margins or whether it is a function of the Belkin.
Hope this helps.
Colin Huh