cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being redirected to BT wholesale page

bill99

Being redirected to BT wholesale page

Hi there - whenever we connect to our router the only web page that can be viewed is BT wholesale page.

Could this be a username/password issue in the connection settings of the router (Or some other misconfiguration)?

Plusnet support have said they can see devices connecting to the router but the devices can not access the internet.

I have confirmed that the BT landline is working ok

I’ve seen other reports similar to this but I’ve not seen a likely cause or solution.

I won’t be able to access the router myself for a few days and am trying to solve the issue remotely for people who are trying to use it.

Hope someone can help.

Bill
3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Being redirected to BT wholesale page

Have you tried a factory reset on the router by pushing a paperclip or similar into the reset hole and holding the switch closed for at least 20 seconds? It should then go through the same automatic set up sequence as when you first installed it.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

bill99

Thanks for the reply - yes we have tried the reset. It’s not a Plusnet router so we put the details in manually but that hasn’t ever been a problem in the past.

I saw somewhere a suggestion about powering the router down for at least an hour or two to so I’m trying that at the moment. The long version of turning it off and on again!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Bill.

Sorry to hear you're unable to fully connect.

From testing your line I think I've identified the problem, are you setting up your router using @plusdsl.net after your username?

Also upon reviewing your account I've created a ticket with you can view and reply to Here with more information.

Hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet