Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Been Away

stathe
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Been Away

Have been away for a week or so and turned off my router, it is now a problem to recover my old speed ,results for to-day below

Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test: -provides background information.
Download  Speed
641 Kbps

0 Kbps 1000 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed
Download speedachieved during the test was - 641 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 200-1000 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :1184 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 750 Kbps
This profile seems to have been reduced how do I get it back ,and get my speed up to near 1000as it was before, wish I hadnt turned the router off  Thanks for any observations
5 REPLIES 5
penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Been Away

For that sync rate, you just about fall into the 1000 profile, so unsure why BT have given you a 750 profile.  The download speed you have is consistent with a 750 profile....
May be worth waiting a day or so, to see if it recovers, may just be a BT glitch.  What are your line stats, if all you get is 1000, and you are happy with that, may be worth asking for a fixed rate connection, although your upstream rate will fall, if thats important to you.  MaxDSl didnt work well for my parents, for this very reason, so they went onto a fixed rate, so at no time does it ever fall below 1000.
Hope it helps
stathe
Rising Star

Thanks for that, When I was on a fixed rate it was less, so would rather recover,as it was before I went away, Will see if my profile is raised in a few days, or may be raise a ticket, The problem is if I unplug the router again it may restart at alower speed, I think Plusnet have more control than they will admit
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi stathe,
The BT profile was set to 1000 so I've upped our side to match, sorry that didn't happen automatically (though it only changed yesterday so would have caught up).
stathe
Rising Star

Thank you
penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Hope it stays stable for you  Cheesy