Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banded?

redsox9
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Banded?

I am happy (ecstatic?) with the current speeds but would welcome it if more can be squeezed out of the system. Learned forum members Townman and RealAleMadrid seem to think so.  I will keep an eye on my stats as Anoush advised.  Hopefully after 3 days DLM would grant me a small DS rise.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Awesome. Yeah there isn’t much more in the way of changes we could make to improve the download speed; we could either enable interleaving on the upstream and/or change the downstream SNRM target to 3dB. Judging by the low mean time between errors I agree it’s worth monitoring and see where that takes us. 

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
redsox9
Rising Star

Glad to report that my stats after 10 days are DS 17695kbps and US 1123. It shows that patience pays -- with the help of this forum and Plusnet staff.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Glad to see that! Cheesy

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

@redsox9

Great news!! Would be interesting to see your current router stats please. I’m interested in knowing where your US fingers settled, specifically SNRM and interleaving. It rather looks as though you have got the better US I expected without a compromise of DS speed.

It rather looks as though there has been a long standing fault on your line, however because it’s so short your previous 10mbps has not appeared to be too irksome.

I still think your line ought to do better than 17mbps but overall this is a magnificent improvement form where you started.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

redsox9
Rising Star

Yes, Townman,  I too believe there was a long-standing fault with my line which would perhaps not have been fixed without your prodding.  Let's hope the line keeps delivering as it is now. Attached are my stats.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Sweet - the US SNRM is sat on 6dB ... just where it should be.

Hope it stays there for you.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

redsox9
Rising Star

Thanks, Townman.  It puzzles me that my Netgear shows DS at 17.6mbps US 1.1mbps while the BT Performance Test has 15.13 DS and 0.97 US.  Is this to be expected?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Yes absolutely!

The router is reporting raw sync speed (bit rate). Speed tests report useful data transfer rates. Data transfer has the over heads of error correction (data parity bits), data packaging and routing information. All of that requires some of the raw sync speed.

There is also the IP profile to consider which slightly throttles the maximum useable speed to 88.2% of the sync rate. You should see at least 95% of the IP profile available for real (usable) data transfer.

redsox9
Rising Star

Another useful bit of knowledge. Thanks for sharing.