cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad connection so bad its cannot do a speed test lol

grid1

Bad connection so bad its cannot do a speed test lol

Hi all,
i am currently experiencing slow connection, so slow that when i got to do BT Speed test for plusnet result it times out. its anything from 40k to 80k, about 6 days ago it was 2.6mb i have rebooted/reset my router dg843g netgear, but still no change in speed, i have had this problem before and it was solved by someone at the exchange. Shocked
4 REPLIES 4
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Bad connection so bad its cannot do a speed test lol

You are currently restricted to 128k due to reaching your usage allowance. Broadband Plus has a 4GB peak time allowance as outlined on this page. You could have a look at our current packages and see if any of them are more suited to your usage patterns, they have a different peak time (8am-midnight) but come with more base usage and also offer the ability to add more usage as you need it.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
grid1

hi both, i have not recieved any email, i signed up with plusnet about 4 yrs ago and i have downloaded alot more than this and never had a problem with this b4, this the first i have heard of this, and no i have not recieved an email. 4gb allowance is dismal,  i just  refered someone today to plusnet cos of downloads, so i will have to tell him not to bother now after this .
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Why not swap to BBYW option 2 which costs £14.99 and has a 8GB allowance? (just watch out for the different peak time hours)
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
James
Grafter

It is true for our current broadband products, that they do not carry any set usage allowances during off peak times of the day.  However, Broadband Plus carries a loose limit on off peak downloads of 50GB.
Grid1 - I'd certainly have a look at our Option 2 package.
Product Pages