Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad Lag

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Bad Lag

I'm suffering from bad lag ever since the disconnections the other night. Game play is almost impossible with the enemy jumping around all over the place.
Is there any chance this could be improved somehow? - Connection is about 6-7Mb on average these days.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
13 REPLIES 13
scottmg
Grafter

Re: Bad Lag

interleaving turned off? or on? if its off it will improve ping time, enhancing gaming.
also you could get a product called max premium that uncaps your upload speed to allow faster gaming. But this costs 7.83 per month.
regards
ScottMG
7up
Community Veteran

Seeing as its only got bad since the disruption I fail to see how that will make much difference  Roll_eyes
scottmg
Grafter

It was a suggestion......dont take it if you dont want to. i wont try and help next time
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Interleaving might have got turned on automatically as a result of the outage, you can request it be turned off it that is the problem.
On my line interleaving approximately doubles pings to bbc.co.uk (from 12/13 to 24/25), this is not a teriffically high amount of additional lag though so I suspect your problem may be more sinister.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
7up
Community Veteran

Quote from: scottmg
It was a suggestion......dont take it if you dont want to. i wont try and help next time

You weren't helping. You were poking at shadows.
@PN It would be nice to get an answer.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

What Is your ping times?
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
scottmg
Grafter

Not really I suggested something which someone else suggested after. You didn't slate them, I'm glad you've got a problem. Keep whinging on. The way you suggested I was poking at shadows, haha I'm glad PN aren't helping. Don't open a thread on a public forum if your going to knock the suggestions from people trying to help. That's all. Thanks
7up
Community Veteran

scottmg: In a ISPs support forum you would think I was asking for help from the ISP not some amateur wannabe computer tech. You claim I didn't slate the next user to suggest interleaving - perhaps thats because there was no sarcastic "I won't bother next time" response. There was no need for sarcasm but if you intend to supply it I can equal it.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
If the thread continues on these lines it will be locked.
Hopefully a new day will bring a less intolerant attitude....please.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Also the correct way to raise support is through a ticket via the portal or a phone call.
I'm sure it would be helpful if you did that and put all relevant information on it.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

The forums are called "The Plusnet Community Site Forums". The Help and Support section is for the community to provide help and support over issues people have with their Plusnet service; Plusnet staff also participate in the forums some of the time - generally about 10 hours per day, Monday to Friday which is about 1/3 of the hours in a week. It is therefore far more likely that any post will get a response from another user than from Plusnet staff. If you want to talk exclusively to Plusnet staff the ticket/fault system is the correct route.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
7up
Community Veteran

Won't matter much longer. The SO has now given me permission to find another ISP and switch away from PN and their slow responses and stupid email messages about price increases.
scottmg
Grafter

Just to clarify, I'm not an amateur, I went have 4 A levels, 3 diplomas and countless merits, on PC Repair & Upgrading, I also have similar in networking and maintenance. So get your silly facts right before posting useless information. Your obviously a noob otherwise you wouldn't of been posting on here for help!!!!!!!