ancestor
Grafter

Back to square one after10 months

Tested at 20.30 tonight on BT Speedtester:
D/L speed      1844
IP profile          2000
DSL Conn Rate      6752
This follows over a week at D/L speed of 5200 +
Problem is this has been going on for over 10 months, with only a short period of respite from early May until mid June.
I had one ticket which ran from 14/9/2010 to 14/3/2011 and another which ran from 14/3/2011 to 4/5/2011. I had so many Open Reach visits that I am expecting an invite to their Christmas Do. Everything was replaced both inside and outside, back to the exchange, either by me or by them. I did try and only occasionally got a bit ratty.
So now the problem has returned yet to my knowledge nothing has changed. I should raise another ticket but I am not sure I can stand it. Here is what will happen:
- some new starter at PN will demand that I go through all the usual checks
- a different one will then talk down to me and tell me it is all my fault
- we will go back to stage one "some new starter-------"
- eventually I will persuade agent no.12 that there could be something wrong outside of my home and my head
- he/she will arrange a BT visit. He will warn me about paying if there is nothing found, but will fail to pass on even a cryptic clue for the BT engineer, who is expected to be clairvoyant
- and this will all be repeated ad nauseum for many months
I would change to Fibre - the cabinet is only 50 metres away, but I have been reading the forums and it doesn't look as if it is any better. It is faster when it works, but if it slows down for any reason it seems to take an age to return to speed.
Does anyone else share my feeling of absolute despair, and why do we have to wait2 to 3 days for a response on even the most minor query? Oh, and why do you never get the same person twice, do they pass everything round the office so that everyone gets a chance?
I will probably raise a ticket soon, but I have to time it  carefully as I am on holiday just after Christmas.
2 REPLIES 2
oswalds
Grafter

Re: Back to square one after10 months

Your not alone i feel your pain. Cry I also have been having problem since 01/04/11. My thread is called Plusnet Sucks.
I raised an online complant last Thursday. Got a call yesterday and Staff at Plusnet seem alot more helpful now. Worth a try Undecided
cornwallsurfer
Grafter

Re: Back to square one after10 months

Yep. Thats about the true measure of plusnet. I feel your pain too. But plusnet are becoming a bit of a joke. I think they should change their name to minus net