Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BTW

thejudge
Rising Star

BTW

I now know what the 'W' stands for (*).
Appointment made by CS for an engineer to come and fix a line fault. Said that he would call between 08:00 and 13:00 today.
So, I had to book the day off work.
Guess what? Engineer never turned up. No explanation, apology, nowt, nada, nix, naff all.
I've asked CS to book another appointment for me, but they'll have to accept that I'm not wasting another day's leave and they'll have to come when I think it convenient, even if that means I sit here with a broadband connection which is unusable for most of the evening due to a very low SNR.
What with this and their effrontery in charging me an extra £5.40 a quarter for refusing to pay by DD, isn't it time BT was broken up for scrap?
(*) Answers on a postcard to: Head Of Procrastination, BT Wholesale, c/o PO Box 666, Cayman Islands.
8 REPLIES 8
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: BTW

Hi there,
I'm really sorry to hear that. Our faults team should be in touch soon to confirm the new appointment date and time for you.
thejudge
Rising Star

Unbe-censored-lievable!
I had a phone call from someone in CS last Friday afternoon to arrange a time for another appointment.
I arranged one for this afternoon 'between 1.00 and 6.00' ('cos BT don't seem to be able to deal with anything more precise than that). This meant that I had to lose two hours' working time to get home for it.
Guess what? Another booldy no-show! My connection is still largely unusable during the evenings unless I reboot the router every hour or so.
I've now raised a complaint case. I don't know whether the failure is in +Net, in BT, in both, or in that mysterious territory between the two, but I'm reet pigged off wi' it.  Angry
thejudge
Rising Star

It just gets better, doesn't it?
The original ticket now seems to have been closed (website claims that I closed it, but I certainly don't remember doing that).
My complaint case has not even had a reply nearly twenty-four hours later.
Two questions:
1) Is a BT engineer actually going to, you know, come out and fix the fault? If so, please could my earlier ticket be re-opened to do this, or a fresh one raised?
2) Why do complaints not even get so much as a holding reply after nearly 24 hours?
Angry Angry
hduhig
Dabbler

I feel for you really I do Sad  Ive had no connection for 3 weeks and a cancelled visit.... Hopefully that might cheer you a bit.... see always someone worse off  Wink
thejudge
Rising Star

If they did that to me, I'd be demanding compensation and my MAC pretty damn sharpish!
I've now had to raise a new question asking for the 'closed' one to be transferred to it. I suppose I'll now have to go to the back of the queue and wait another three weeks for it to be dealt with...or not...  Angry
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi thejudge,
I've opened a new ticket and raised it to where it was before with a link to the previous ticket and I've asked someone to pick it up this afternoon. As for the complaints ticket, there is a 5 working day lead time for responses to those.
Jojo Smiley
thejudge
Rising Star

Thanks JoJo.
They're now going to get BT to make some changes to my line (presumably to do with the SNR).
Can't come soon enough; I've had to reboot my router five times in the last three hours.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi thejudge,
Thanks for your patience with this. I know it must be really frustrating but I'll keep chasing for you and I'm sure we;ll get it sorted once and for all, and hopefully it will all become a distant, albeit unsavoury memory.
Jojo Smiley