BTW exchange checker

avatastic
Grafter

BTW exchange checker

Howdy all,
I am wondering if anyone else (20CN) gets this when doing an exchange check:
BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER
Telephone Number 01654xxxxxx on Exchange MACHYNLLETH
Available ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date
Featured Products
ADSL Max Up to 8 -- 7 to 8 Available
WBC Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available
Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available
For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage. Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.
The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 31-Mar-2014.

It's the last bit (emphasis mine) that confuses me. It looks like they're planning to withdraw 20CN but haven't decided on when they'll be implementing 21CN  Undecided
SamKnows seems to have taken this as being the planned start date for 21CN rollout. - http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/WNMAC
Anybody know what is going on?
A.
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
21 REPLIES 21
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: BTW exchange checker

Which checker is that as it has one glaring error
For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

Datastream isn't relevant as Plusnet don't use it - IPstream will remain on 20CN and not all exchanges will move to 21CN
I suspect that the RFS date is a coincidence
James
Grafter

Avatastic,
Unless I am missing something, you appear to be confusing Datastream with 20CN?
avatastic
Grafter

Fair enough OJ.
It's on this checker - https://www.btwholesale.com/pages/static/Community/Broadband_Community/Coverage/ADSL_Availibility_Ch...
The +Net checker gives me the usual
BT have advised that no current planned date for WBC on 21CN exists

A.
[addendum]
That's probably correct Jameseh  Grin
[/addendum]
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
James
Grafter

We use IPStream, so there are currently no plans to turn off your Broadband Smiley
Oldjim
Resting Legend

From the same checker
The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 31-Oct-2013. The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 31-Oct-2012; the Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 31-Oct-2013.
but presumably this is because I am on 21CN
Routefinder
Grafter

Interesting thread with the pointer to the 'new' checker.
It also tells me which cabinet I am connected to ~ something I never knew and was simply curious about  Smiley
However I also get ref to IPstream finishing as per :-
The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 28-Feb-2014. The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 31-Oct-2013; the Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 28-Feb-2014.
So other than the LLU in the exchange does this mean that only 21CN will be available from 1st March 2014??? Or this also an indication that FTTC may yet arrive hereabouts by then???
Oldjim
Resting Legend

More likely that they intend to upgrade the exchange to 21CN
Routefinder
Grafter

Ah! no, I should have said I am already on 21CN service and have been for a while now Smiley  Or have I misread your post becuase I was saying maybe only 21CN available after the said date???
Oldjim
Resting Legend

It means that only 21CN will be available after that date although why it is 5 months later than mine I have no idea
Routefinder
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
It means that only 21CN will be available after that date..

That us why I speculated that a FTTC rollout will be coming around about that date......I live in hope  Grin
Oldjim
Resting Legend

It doesn't in my case as although my exchange is FTTC enabled they aren't doing my cab
Routefinder
Grafter

I think/hope all the cbas are numbered so will have to have a wander and see if I can ID it and whether for future reference it is near a power source with space around it which I understood are the criteria for "if" that cab is capable of having an adjacent FTTC cab???
pengbo
Grafter

if only all the cabs had numbers on them.  Undecided Cry I fear your quest for numbers will be somewhat hit and miss routemaster.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

You're right there pengbo (whom I assume is/was a London Bus driver)  Crazy
Anyway, for me on 20CN, same output from the checker as OP  (apart from the speeds - rubbish estimates anyway) and it does tell me which Cab which I knew anyway, no statements about IPStream, no RFS for WBC (21CN) or Fibre - just stuck on plain boring 20CN Market 1  Sad