Grafter

BTW checker speed estimates

Morning gents,
Noticed this morning in my member centre it now shows my estimated speed as;
Estimated line speed:
7Mb (This may vary between 5Mb and 12.5Mb) - Checked on 2014-07-13 15:46:56
Current line speed:
4.6 Mb
Which is a big difference from the 3.5 - 6Mb It usually quotes.
I have checked on the BTW availability checker which shows this too (I assume PN pull the info from here) now I'm confident this is wrong and has been plucked from thin air so to speak, as my Attn is still sitting at 46-49db, line is syncing at 5.8Mb which matches up with this, I just wanted to throw it out there to make sure I wasn't missing something.
Cheers
Mark
4 REPLIES 4
30FTTC06
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: BTW checker speed estimates

GeordieMark
Grafter

Correct, that is the BTW checker I used....
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Estimates can go up and down they are not set in stone, for example when i joined Plusnet back in March my estimate was 67Mb it has since been dropped by more than half to 29Mb no reason given but I would guess due to crosstalk and capacity issues that BTO / BTW are aware of just very very slow to do anything about that's if they can be bothered at all.
Maybe you can achieve the speed they are now estimating worth trying to see at least.     
GeordieMark
Grafter

Quote from: Terranova667

Maybe you can achieve the speed they are now estimating worth trying to see at least.     

This is exactly why I posted this thread Smiley But I guess I'm not going to get any faster without my attn dropping, so I'm putting it down to BT checker being way off  Huh