cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BTO/Plusnet think this is acceptable

LenAsh
Grafter

Re: BTO/Plusnet think this is acceptable

PN have started mixing puddings now. My BB fault (the congestion) has been linked to my buzzing phone fault (a different ticket) - this fault only occurred over the weekend following some BT guy assing around in the ohone cabinet (not Fibre Cab) for several days last week, not since last May...
Geez.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I hope you have bluntly told them that Roll_eyes
LenAsh
Grafter

Yes - and asked them why they still haven't updated me at all on the capacity problem. Or anything else.
There appears to be a training requirement here.
DanHodby
Grafter

Hi Lenash,
I'm sorry for that response, it looks like the exchange guy from our faults team isn't in the office and the update wasn't very substantial! The agent that responded looks to have missed the point.
I have managed to get some information about the exchange though and as of the 08/09/14 this should have been upgraded. The update I received was 'TSO advised the additional capacity has been integrated and is now carrying traffic'.
So hopefully everything should be permanently sorted now - I'll check here again in the morning.
Dan
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Dan H - I think LenAsh should deserved Compensation from May until yesterday for slow speed broadband.
LenAsh
Grafter

Hi - thanks, but I'm not after compensation, just a service that meets my expectations.
That said, this has been a nightmare, both in terms of the ability of the ISP and BTW to actually identify the problem (that CLEARLY existed), recognise the complaint and do something about it in a timely manner.
All the way through this I have tried to provide as much evidence as possible and remain as objective as possible.
I'm also rather disappointed that Andy Baker didn't even acknowledge my email to him, and the capacity issue was left to a few of us badgering BTW directly.
Another "learning" from this is that BTW are incapable of monitoring their own network. Or they are capable, but won't exercise transparency. 
LenAsh
Grafter

Just got this

Thanks for getting back to us,
As there is an open phone fault, any testing on the line during that period would simply state that there is an open PSTN fault and resolve that before progressing any broadband problems. As the estimated repair time of this fault is tonight it will close shortly after that allowing us to re-test the circuit in full.
As of this point I have not had confirmation that the capacity issues have been resolved, I will hopefully have more information tomorrow on this matter. The reason for the delayed response times from BTW are due to none of the testing and performance indicators going near a warning threshold to advise that there is a capacity problem. I am hoping that in the last week the issue has indeed been located and if not resolved already as you state has an upgrade date for when it will be resolved.
I will be chasing this update tomorrow and regardless of the information provided will update you accordingly on the matter.
LenAsh
Grafter

Both my tickets are on hold, so I can't close them, it seems.
Since both issues are now resolved, how can I close them so I don't receive any further "misinformation"?
Thanks
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

You can't, I expect Dan will sort it tomorrow.
DanHodby
Grafter

Hi Lenash,
I'll PM you today to tidy up some lose ends.
In regards to the email to our CEO are you able to PM me the email address you used for this as these are usually dealt with by our team.
If you are happy for me to close the tickets, I will do.