Did you mean: 

BTO/Plusnet think this is acceptable

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Re: BTO/Plusnet think this is acceptable

LenAsh,
I feel for your frustration, however this needs PN action and that is not going to be attained through this route until after the holiday weekend.
With holding payments as suggested above is not going to make any difference, indeed it will just open more cans of worms and that is clearly not what you need.
This is a problem with the exchange's capacity which IIRC there is no forecast for resolution, so as you quite rightly observe, you'll be stuck with the same problem no matter which ISP you use.  If the pipes are not big enough they are not going to get bigger with another ISP nor by with holding payments.
The best you can hope for is that PN can get some momentum into the swap order with BTw - however remember that this is an uncommon process and has to be progressed via an Indian call centre - Yes the support route PN has to use to BTw and BTOR is via India.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

The words for "getting some momentum into ....." is an "HLE"
LenAsh
Grafter

I wasn't planning on not paying!
I'm not intending to do anything rash, obviously. There are other avenues. It also appears to be a very common problem across the country, albeit in pockets.
It's also interesting that others (connected to the BT network with various ISPs)  have concluded that BT's own monitoring is ineffective and appears designed to obfuscate capacity problems - maybe deliberately?
Interestingly, BT have made a BBC Watchdog email address available for issues relating to their service levels:  watchdogcomplaints@bt.com . This was only 2 months ago, and is still live.  Wink

Another gratuitous throughput failure - now streaming is buffering badly. Family not amused, given the time of day

Anotherone
Champion

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Surely lift & shift at the exchange can help? When I was on ADSL2+ the speed was awful slow in the last 4 weeks and the fault team suggest a lift and shift at the exchange and the speed was much better, spot on at all times. But, I am NOT sure if these lift and shift only applied for ADSL2+ not FTTC?
AndyH
Grafter

Lift and shift isn't really do-able for FTTC. You change the OLT card in the exchange if it's faulty.
It's going to be a capacity problem in the area or a fault with the cabinet.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Ah ok fair point. Only just suggestion!
chrcoluk
Grafter

that graph does look nasty.
Anotherone
Champion

Quote from: goldenfibre
Ah ok fair point. Only just suggestion!

Perhaps it would be better to make suggestions on matters you know about rather than those that you don't. Your suggestions would be more welcome then.
LenAsh
Grafter

The ticket response today has left me speechless...
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Come on then, do tell... It's like waiting for the next instalment of last of the summer wine... Oh I did not read that properly... You are speechless!  Cheesy

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

AndyH
Grafter

My money is on "BT Wholesale have identified a capacity issue and it will take 3 months to fix".
LenAsh
Grafter

Bear in mind I've already had 2 fruitless Engineer visits:
A potential fault has been identified with your broadband service, please reply to this message with 3 available timeslots for an engineers visit. The available timeslots are weekdays either between 8am & 1pm or 1pm & 6pm. Saturdays are usually available but cannot be guaranteed.
This is from the same CS guy as last week's fiasco.
Is it me or is someone taking me for a mug?
I haven't replied yet....
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

They taking u for a mug! Waste of space and time! What the point of engineer to sent out to your house?
Anotherone
Champion

Sorry LenAsh, I was going to investigate a touch more and forgot. I'll post again later.