Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BTO/Plusnet think this is acceptable

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Re: BTO/Plusnet think this is acceptable

Thanks AndyH. Typical of BT to kept everyones in a dark place (unknown).
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: chrcoluk
to keep it simple, even if it is BTo's fault, you are not BTo's customer meaning plusnet are ultimately responsible for BTo's mishaps. 

Did anybody say any different?
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi All,
We're just waiting for an update from one of the senior faults agents here on the change of SVLAN so we should be able to confirm this as soon as we can get confirmation on where we stand. I'm hoping that this won't be too much longer but if we haven't heard anything from them by Monday then I'm going to see if I can pick a brain or two and see if we can find some kind of escalation path for you!
@LenAsh - I'm sorry to hear that this is still ongoing as before, I would say that this is a good indicator as to the order not being completed at the moment so apologies that this hasn't happened sooner and thanks for your continued patience. It will be interesting to see the status of the exchange next Monday when the next update is due.
LenAsh
Grafter

Tonight's "under no illusions" illustration

EDIT: Morning sync is very good, as always.

LenAsh
Grafter

Still as bad as ever

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Sorry to hear it as Mine is no affecting

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

I was thinking....why don't u call up plusnet tech support to put u onto 80/20 see how it go if it working ok then ask them downgrade u back to 40/20 and if the speed are worse then u know what to do next!
LenAsh
Grafter

I'm on 80/20 already.
It isn't a sync problem, it's throughput.
Nothing has improved, so I suspect no changes have been made by BT yet.
This is an excerpt from the PN ticket response today... unbelievable.
I have reviewed the latest BQM graph and can see that the packet loss does appear to have subsided today so I would like to review the matter following the weekend. I can see that the current virtual path you are connected to shows it is well under threshold.
Oh yes, it's perfect now....

What I fail to understand is that the guy a) doesn't appear to understand the BQM graph and b) does his testing at 4.20pm when everything is fine. Why not actually do your testing when the problem exists?
Give me strength - I'm starting to lose my patience. Can you tell?
Anotherone
Champion

@goldenfibre
Please read through a thread before making daft comments Wink
caravanj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Quote from: Townman
Sorry Goldenfibre,
That is just ill informed.  PlusNET buys broadband off BT Wholesale as do all ISPs not using LLU (they buy access to the local copper network off BT Openreach and out their own equipment in the exchange).  BT Openreach supply the broadband service to BT Wholesale.
How the service is delivered - direct staff or contractors - is a decision made by BT Openreach and no one else, certainly not the ISP.  Other than Virgin Media there is no ISP who installs their own local infrastructure, even VM use subcontractors - Fujitsu if I recall correctly.
Kevin

It was Future Network Solutions Ltd who installed our landline & they did a really good job including using their Cobra to pull the cable, that the builder's contractor should have pulled, from the junction box to to our property.
One of the guys was an ex-army signals engineer.
LenAsh
Grafter

Incidentally, I pay for 80/20 because next door (on BT Infinity) gets 76/18. My assumption was that I would get very similar.
However, I was surprised to find that next door is connected to "Cab 12" which is 200m away, and I'm connected to "Cab 11" which is 800m away.
However, they have some congestion issues like me.... but not as bad. At least they can watch Netflix in the evenings.
Anotherone
Champion

LenAsh, that's useful info, and it might be worth asking why you are connected to a cab 800m away as well, when next door is connected to one only 200m away  Roll_eyes   The info about the congestion should point more to where it is.
I would bluntly reply to the ticket and clearly state something along the lines of "That's rubbish, are you colour blind? Look at the graph that's been captured and added to this post"  -
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,130416.msg1141319.html#msg1141319
They'll see my remarks as well  Shocked  I really can't believe that this hasn't been escalated by now. Someone needs to give BT a good kicking.
"And look at these speed test results -  
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,130416.msg1140851.html#msg1140851
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,130416.msg1141308.html#msg1141308 "
LenAsh
Grafter

I feel like someone's holding me in contempt.
This has been going on since the installation on the 13th May this year.
I really am upset that the ticket responder has completely missed my point, despite all the history. PN know very well that the problem ONLY exists in the evenings to this degree and yet they still insist on overlooking that when they test.
I cannot think of any further evidence I can provide to substantiate my claim that the problem exists and is a real issue for me and my family.
My hope is that BT have yet to effect any changes to improve the situation. Despite the ticket responder's obvious cluelessness, he seems convinced that something has happened.
I'm also upset that someone more senior at PN hasn't bothered to take this seriously and they have also allowed someone clearly inexperienced to handle my ticket.
LenAsh
Grafter

For good measure
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Adam C will get back to this on Tuesday as it Bank Holiday Monday. I am sure Adam C will put this matter as a URGENT case for u to BT.