Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BTO/Plusnet think this is acceptable

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Re: BTO/Plusnet think this is acceptable

What happen to Adam C? He disappear lately! But, hat off to Chris Purvey to get it sorted out for LenAsh.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Adam C is off Thursday / Friday this week.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

How did it goes this evening LenAsh? I hope Chris Purvey had resolved it by moving you to a different VP.
AndyH
Grafter

I doubt the move will be instantaneous - I imagine it will take several days.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Apology. As AndyH is correct! These things will take time.
LenAsh
Grafter

Quote from: goldenfibre
How did it goes this evening LenAsh? I hope Chris Purvey had resolved it by moving you to a different VP.

It's the same as always. Evening downloads or streaming have always been a no-go on FTTC. PN ADSL was fine.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Anotherone
Champion

Hasn't been there for months and months. It's on the "to do & roundtuit lists"
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Quote from: LenAsh
It's the same as always. Evening downloads or streaming have always been a no-go on FTTC. PN ADSL was fine.

Hi,
Have you had a support ticket update to confirm that the VLAN has been changed AND there is no difference, or are you just commenting that it is still the same as usual?
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anotherone
Champion

see reply #58 or are you expecting a miracle  Wink
LenAsh
Grafter

Hi Kevin
I have had no ticket update. And nothing has changed. To be honest, I don't know who is responsible for a SVLAN change - I would have presumed BT, but that's just a guess. Neither am I sure what the implications of a change is/are.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@Anotherone,
The above quote was extracted from reply #65 which asked if Chris had been successful with the move - the answer was therefore potentially ambiguous, which my question sought to clarify.  Roll_eyes
@LenAsh,
I do not claim to fully understand this either, but essentially it is all about changing which "big pipe" you share from the exchange to the internet.  The plan is to move your service from a busy one to one with more spare capacity.  This is undertaken by BTw / BTOR at PN's request.  Looks like you are still awaiting the implementation of the change.  Now though that you have the BQM graph, you will be able to see when you are being hit.
...I'm sure a more knowledgeable person will come along with a more precise explanation directly.  Wink
Kevin

AndyH
Grafter

It's a rather complex process of how your traffic goes from your phone line to Plusnet's network - but here's a snapshot (from the BT Sinet):

The SVLAN is the connection between the MSAN (the network device where your ADSL terminates in the exchange) and the BRAS/MSE (the network device that routes your traffic to Plusnet's data centre).
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Leased Line will be always the best (of course better than FTTC) but it had class as contention ratio of 1:1 where there no customer could affect another user's speeds. But it very expensive from BTw.