Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BTO/Plusnet think this is acceptable

AndyH
Grafter

Re: BTO/Plusnet think this is acceptable

@ Adam C
Has this been raised with BTW as a congestion issue or possible fault on the SVLAN? There is enough evidence on this thread and BTW are not meeting the SLA on LenAsh's connection based on his PT speed results.
BTW's monitoring is clearly not picking this up and I don't think waiting for their report next week (which might not show anything!) is in the interest of Ash, particularly when his service is already severely degraded during peak times.
LenAsh
Grafter

Hump forming in the TBB graph above...

This is 7:30pm

7.37pm

8.35pm

8:53pm

8.56pm

9.11pm

9:35

10:08pm

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

I think AndyH are right. Could be SVLAN fault. I was surprise that no plusnet staff take action today?
LenAsh
Grafter

Posted some speed tests this evening - typical figures too.
AndyH
Grafter

The sooner Plusnet raise this with BT Wholesale, the better.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Adam was not in today AFAIK, hopefully this will be picked up in the morning at the latest.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

I have that problem with few other plusnet customers for the last 2 weeks before BTw and Chris P had resolved this a few months ago, I can't remember what month is it.
LenAsh
Grafter

Posted several TBB speedtests from this evening in Post 46
Enjoy - and take pity on the World's worst Superrfast Broadband
Anotherone
Champion

They don't look too enjoyable at all, and I certainly take pity on you, that's slowing down to less than my 20CN ADSL connection at home  Shocked
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

That's very bad speed throughput. If it was me, I will be unhappy with this. I am sure Adam C will get it checking out first thing in the morning.
Mine is fine
Anotherone
Champion

Of course it's bad, that's why LenAsh started the thread Roll_eyes   Now there is the evidence to get it investigated.
LenAsh
Grafter

For comparison, this is the normal "daytime" performance

jnewell

My first post - forgive any errors.
Since migrating from BeThere to Plusnet in April 2014, there has been a consistent problem with speed falling off after around 15:00. It has been getting worse, and we have seen BT wholesale speedtest figures of 20kbps ( yes 20k bps - slower than modem dialup). However, after a lot of complaints, this morning it is the fastest we have ever seen it - up to 9.87Mbps download on a 12.6M sync.
Now, we've changed nothing, same router, same cabling, network etc, so we are 110% sure that Plusnet has/had network issues.
My point is that the Business support desk just trots out the same old - check this, check that , change your router ( for what - we never received the router we were charged £5 for ), but we prefer Draytek routers anyway.
Clearly people like Adam know what is happening and how to fix it - perhaps some staff training would be in order to prevent months of frustration.
John
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi LenAsh,
We're going to try and move your onto a different VP, so I've started the process with that and our faults team will update you on the progress and when this has completed.
@John
I can't see any obvious issue with your exchange, it would be good if you could create a ping graph so we could see what is happening on your line at these times.
Anotherone
Champion

Hi John and no problem with your first post, welcome to the forum.
Staff training - I could go on at length. Anyway, in addition to what Chris has suggested, could you please start your own thread on the Business Users board if this is a business line. Could you provide the information over there that is asked for in http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,96155.0.html.
If it's a residential line, start a new thread on this board.
In either case post the ping graph in your own thread to avoid confusion with this one.