Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT66 on Neighbours Property

1R27cD5n
Dabbler

BT66 on Neighbours Property

Hi

The BT66 box for my property is way over the other side of our semi's on my neighbours side drive wall, I have asked openreach to move it to my side of the boundary, but are unwilling to move it with charging - and what looks like could be a lot of money.

My cable runs across the roof fascia board and down the wall on my nieghbours side, no protection or even fixnig in places, its just looped round the drain pipe in places.

A newly created flat downstairs requires a new line. BT engineers have been twice to connect to the BT66, but have been unable to gain acccess as they state they cannot get permission.

I have experienced handy men cut through BT wires running up a wall, in an attempt to 'tidy' pu the wall before they put a coat of paint on, that property had 5 angry tenants without internet for a considerable time.

Are BT at liberty to provide the cabling in this manner, with the risk of disconnection and inability to gain access, leaving the service suspended for who knows how long.

Houses these days have interconnnected CCTV, IOT and various other devices that should have something better better than the current arrangement.

2 REPLIES 2
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: BT66 on Neighbours Property

A bit of a tricky problem.  A lot will depend on when historically the current cabling was installed and the installation rules and guidelines in force at the time.

I'm pretty certain that Openreach would not be allowed to deliver a new service in this way under today's guidelines, so I'd recommend challenging the planning decision to utilise the existing BT66 for this new installation.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

1R27cD5n
Dabbler

Re: BT66 on Neighbours Property

Thanks for the reply.

I have 'challenged' Openreach asking to see their guidelines for installing cables and boxes, as you say it probably wouldn't be done this way today, so far I have heard nothing back.