Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT speedtester oddity???

Routefinder
Grafter

BT speedtester oddity???

Hi all
I was using it a little earlier and got a glithc reading for the dl of 0.81Mbps, when I clicked for further diagnostics it came up with the added line about "extra tests" I clicked to see what it said and it was about logging in to the BT system default i.e. not the ISP login.
I did not see the need to do that so came out by closing the browser window.......................but now whether in IE9 or Chrome it is expecting that revised login.  What I have not done yet is reboot the PC, whether that will flush the settings back to 'normal' remains to be seen???  Oh, the further test it is trying to run is called TAP 3
Anyone else seen or got caught in this "loop"?
1 REPLY 1
Bjn
Grafter

Re: BT speedtester oddity???

ok been there and done the same thing, sorry to say the only way out is to complete the next stage of the speed test by logging off PN and onto the BT wholesale site as per instructions on the BT speed test site. This completes the stage when they think you have a line speed problem and store the results for both BT an PN to view it's to you advantage to complete the final stage if you have a speed problem. It carries out more detailed line tests.
I found if you put the login details from BT and use the same details a password you login and finish the final test.