Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT seizure while transferring to Plusnet

trerank
Dabbler

BT seizure while transferring to Plusnet

Hello,
Was around 17 MB now at 0.2 MB broadband speed.
Left Just Host (Web Hosting) & BT Broadband so hosting and broadband are with one supplier which is Plusnet.
Have prepaid 12 months line rental with BT. Will swap to Plusnet when period expires.
Problem: BT says line has been siezed so they can not send an engineer to sort out line.
But I rent line from BT.
I will be with Plusnet after 8-10-15 and it is only broadband with them not line rental.
I am now in limbo after numerous phone calls with BT telling India I still rent the line from them.
How do I move forward to have an engineer sort the line and re-establish my broadband speed?
regards
Trerank
32 REPLIES 32
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: BT seizure while transferring to Plusnet

As your broadband supplier is Plusnet you need to raise the fault with them at https://faults.plus.net
If it was a voice fault - noisy line for example  - then you would raise it with BT not mentioning broadband
trerank
Dabbler

Problem is I am not with plusnet until 8-10-15.
Tried the fault support and it does not work for this very reason.
I would of thought BT should sort the line out?
regards
Trrerank
trerank
Dabbler

Will I have to wait this out until I am with Plusnet and the wait it out until Plusnet sort it with BT.
Surly BT are responsible for the line as I still rent it from them, not sure how this works.
cedlor
Grafter

Does your landline phone still work.
Did you go direct to BT and tell them to close down your Broadband?
When you transfer to plusnet there is usually no need to conact the ISP you are leaving and they would make the dates coincide..
Best bet may be to phone plusnet and ask if they can bring your start date forward asuming you have a router you can use to connect to plusnet.
trerank
Dabbler

We do not have a phone, the line is only for broadband. I could find a phone from somebody to do some tests if this will help.
I signed with Plusnet first, so I imagine they would have informed BT they were taking over the broadband but the line is still with BT.
The fault is on the line which two BT office/call centre people have admitted to. They will not send an engineer to sort the line because I am classed as seized.
trerank
Dabbler

Where do I contact Plusnet, what I thought was online chat was just help files which I realised after think I was chatting to an online person called Jess.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/contact/
Then select Contact Customer Services
Then Broadband
Then My question isn't listed
Chat is available from 9.00am to 9.00pm
trerank
Dabbler

Thank you OldJim
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I don't see what PN have got to do with this - You've confirmed that you are not yet their customer.
You are currently a BT customer for both phone and broadband and the ball is in their court to resolve this.  For starters, they need to confirm the status of your phoneline.  I suspect that they are claiming that it has been ceased (not seized) and you need to make it clear that this is an error.  Ask them how the line was ceased without your knowledge and when they contacted you to notify you of the cease/
trerank
Dabbler

Yes I am in agreement, I do not see what Plusnet has to do with it as I will not be switched over until the 08-10-15.
My mistake with the seized not always able to grasp different accents.
BT phoned me tonight at 19:00 hrs to tell me the line had ceased because I had swapped my broadband to Plusnet.
What I do not understand and have argued with them, I still rent my line with BT.
Surely they have the responsibility to sort out the line fault not Plusnet.
But BT tell me to contact Plunet although I have told BT i am not yet with Plusnet....confused
trerank
Dabbler

Just wondering what to do next as BT have sent me to Coventry in India,  and I was polite, I am being serious for you non believers.
regards
Trerank
cedlor
Grafter

Ok maybe its not  really plusnets problem but they should still be able to advise you what to do.
If you have received a  user name and password that will obviously help.
When you joined up they would have done a line test - right?  So what do you think is the fault with your broadband/line
Was it faulty when you decided to move?
Is it really  a fault or do you just mean it has stopped because the line has been ceased.
( I also thought it should be ceased not  seized but looked on the internet and there are other cases of it saying "seized"  with no one correcting it
so assumed it was a term being used for when a line is taken over.)
Anonymous
Not applicable

Isn’t the problem here down to the fact that you have said the line is Broadband only?
So by moving your Broadband logic says you no longer need the line so it was ceased. However if the line provided a telephone service then the line should remain active until your 12 months expire.
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

I suspect "only for broadband" should read "only used for broadband" since the phone number is an integral part of the routing control.
At least it wasn't a complaint about losing 1 millibit per second of speed (= 1 byte per two hours) Crazy
Phil
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.