Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT seizure while transferring to Plusnet

trerank
Dabbler

Re: BT seizure while transferring to Plusnet

Quote from: oliverb
FWIW did the customer ask to end their BT broadband service instead of migrating it? If so that might explain what happened?
It would be an easy enough mistake and would trigger a broadband "Cease".
Presumably Plusnet would then have to treat it as a new service not a transfer?

No I just signed with Plusnet and allowed whatever the normal progression is to take place.
trerank
Dabbler

Quote from: Mustrum
Sorry, not sure what happened, I got distracted!
Anyways:
1. Get hold of a phone and test the line, to work out if it is just a broadband problem or line problem which also impacts your broadband.
2. BT's standard procedure/process is to say they will charge £129 if the fault is on your side of the wiring - its pointless saying you don't agree to it, it then just gives them an excuse not to send an engineer. Make sure you test the line as above.
3, There is little point waiting until the 8th when PlusNet take over the line, they will just have to start again.
4. You need to look at the emails BT have sent you, and confirm when they have ceased your broadband, it should not be until the 8th of October, if so they are still responsible for providing your service and they should fix it.
HTH

I will get hold of a phone and try the tests found on the internet.
chrcoluk
Grafter

For advice of others if you get asked to accept openreach fee's, ammend the terms, when I have been asked to accept I always state I will accept if a fault is "proven" to not exist on openreach's network.
Of course openreach can only prove that if they physically inspect everything which they wont do so this will make you immune to a fee, everytime I gave that condition to plusnet they always accepted.