Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT rate adaptive system and interleaved

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

BT rate adaptive system and interleaved

Can plusnet please ran a test on my line to see what is BT rate adaptive system on my line so far and how long it take for the IP Profile to change from 12000K to 14000K and also can you please request BT to get my interleaved switched OFF because of want to play gaming online. I can see my router stats that my downstream interleave was set ON. Except upstream interleave was set OFF.
Here is a snapshot in attachment as I had greyed out my ip address due to public posted. And why is power 0.0 dBm on downstream while there is 12.8 dBm on upstream ? I had updated my latest firmware on my Netgear DG834N v2 and now got stable at 16418K on my sync for 25 hours so far with a noise margain staying at 3.8db. 
7 REPLIES 7
lexusuk
Grafter

Re: BT rate adaptive system and interleaved

Hi goldenadsl,
At your current sync rate I can see that the IP profile is due to change from 12000 to 13000 in 62 Hours 13 Minutes from our testing system.
The interleave configuration is set to the lowest depth and I would not recommend disabling this as your line is not 100% stable in its current configuration.  I would wait at least for the line to remain stable causing the IP profile to increase before making any further changes.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Many thanks but why it changing to 13000K (it should be 14000K because the sync rate is between 15904 kbps & 17023 kbps for the IP Profile rate of 14000K as my sync rate is current at 16418K. Are the ip profile change within 96 hours now (4 days) as I thought BT ip profile should changed within 72 hours (3 days) ? Has BT changing it to 4 days now.
I wish plusnet could add these useful ip profile due to be changing 62 Hours 13 Minutes from your testing side as I wish BT Speedtester show this information as well. So, we all will know when is the next ip profile rise due on.
lexusuk
Grafter

Quote from: goldenadsl
Many thanks but why it changing to 13000K (it should be 14000K because the sync rate is between 15904 kbps & 17023 kbps for the IP Profile rate of 14000K as my sync rate is current at 16418K. Are the ip profile change within 96 hours now (4 days) as I thought BT ip profile should changed within 72 hours (3 days) ? Has BT changing it to 4 days now.

The I.P. profile should technically should reach 14000 eventually but the queued profile change to 13000 may be a previously queued update from a previous lower sync rate.  The maximum time for a BT profile change is 120 hours but is most cases the profile change happens more quickly.  We quote 72 hours as an average figure.
Quote from: goldenadsl
I wish plusnet could add these useful ip profile due to be changing 62 Hours 13 Minutes from your testing side as I wish BT Speedtester show this information as well. So, we all will know when is the next ip profile rise due on.

Agreed, it would be very useful.  This is a new feature for our testing systems (last few weeks) but has been available to BT Wholesale for some time.  Whether this will ever be available to end users directly is unknown at this time.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Many thanks. One things is I don't understand why is BT Wholesale still using Bras IP Profile rate, wish they removed it off, leave it uncapped at 21000K because every household in UK should reach the maximum speed on their line up to 21Mbps, so we don't have to worry about the dreading ip profile rate system. Many LLU and cable don't use this silly ip profiling system. The upload ip profile rate change instant, but the downstream ip profile rate change anything between 4 hours up to 120 hours but if it was 120 hours (10 days is a painful long wait)
I think BT Wholesale should scrap this silly ip profile rate, does they still using ip profile on BT FTTC as well ?
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Can plusnet please check my latest report from BT rate adaptive system to see if the ip profile had now rise to 14000K from 12000K and how long do I have to wait for next step up to 15000K ?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
It's still at 12000 I'm afraid, as of the 23rd. It'd probably be worth resyncing the connection once a day around lunchtime, that should help the profile update along - though if you disconnect via the router's interface first it'll stop the disconnection being seen as any kind of fault.
Hope that helps,
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

I had ran BT Speedtester as it now showed as 14000K ip profile rate and throughput speed of 13178K as I had also checked my connection high speed from my plusnet as I can see it had now gone up to 14000K. Very pleased with it. Smiley