Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT openreach madness

mediamonkey
Dabbler

BT openreach madness

ID #83947391
After reporting it as dangerous - Openreach turned up, and cable-tied my wildly dangerous swinging cable to the railings of the school next door to me. I was hoping they'd pin it back properly, and at least move the socket to a sensible location closer to the pole, and remove it from the drain pipe.
I know it's not plusnets responsibility  for the cable but hoping they can assist me in escalating it, as its affecting broadband.Our local electrician wouldn't touch it, but he did have a damned good laugh.
6 REPLIES 6
mediamonkey
Dabbler

Re: BT openreach madness

forgot to mention.. the bottom of it is wrapped around the main gas pipe
AndyH
Grafter

I would report it again saying it's totally unacceptable what they've done.
That's would be a prime cable for thieves to try and steal.
itsme
Grafter

Is it a cable Openreach is responsible for? I would suggest that the main telephone cable is running vertically down the building and then into the property entrance. No Openreach personal will run a cable diagonal across a window.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi mediamonkey,
I've reported this to our suppliers - there should be someone going out ASAP to get another look at this.
mediamonkey
Dabbler

they called me, and because it's no longer dangling out into the street due to their installation of plastic cable tie they haven't classed it as dangerous. Asked me go go via plusnet to get the socket moved and cable put into a proper place.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

I'll be getting in touch with Openreach directly very shortly.