Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT haven't increased my IP Profile....

nolluwhereilive
Grafter

BT haven't increased my IP Profile....

Hi guys,
Having had interleaving removed from my account, my DSL connection has been connecting like clockwork, with no exceptions at 8128kbps every day (i've been resyncing once every day or so to check if BT have chaged my IP Profile) for the last six days now.
My SNR/Att figures are fine, so BT have no excuse for raising my IP profile... But i'm only being given a profile of 6500k - Well below my sync speeds - Which seems a little unfair as my line can easily support a faster transfer rate....
I looked online and found a table of how connection speeds correlate to the IP profile:
7392 kbps to 7936 kbps IP Profile: 6500 6656    Up to 6.5 Mbps
7968 kbps to 8096 kbps IP Profile: 7000 7168      Up to 7 Mbps
8128 kbps to 9087 kbps IP Profile: 7150 7320      Up to 7.15 Mbps
...so i should be on 7150 (but i would accept 7000 as i would imagine BT like to be 'cautious' about these things)
I'm going to raise a ticket with PN to ask them to contact BT to sort this out (BT Wholesale get really angry when mere mortals ring their number) but i'm concerned that nothing will get done...
PS- I'm not going to use the word 'conspiracy' but there are reasons why either BT (and come to think of it PN) may not want to increase my IP profile.. which makes me think that if this is happening on a regular basis, no wonder there are widely advertised reports that no-one is getting their advertised broadband speeds
Anyone had any luck with anything like this before? Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
James
Grafter

Re: BT haven't increased my IP Profile....

Hiya,
It looks like your profile got updated last night Smiley
No conspiracy here - your profile updated after 5 days, which for a small increase in profile is pretty much how it's designed to work.
nolluwhereilive
Grafter

YEAY!  Smiley 
Bring on ADSL2+ !
nolluwhereilive
Grafter

and may i say James that you are an asset to PN - if anyone asks, i'd defintely rank PN's customer support as 5 star.
Cheers guys