Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT cancelled my order!!

untiedshoes
Dabbler

BT cancelled my order!!

Hi, hope someone can help?
I called BT 2 weeks ago and informed them of my pending move and was told that because I was going to be on a different exchange, I couldn't transfer my number.... fine I said.
They also gave me a reference number to give to PlusNet for a simultaneous provide (broadband and phone get activated at the same time). Scheduled activation day was the 30th Nov, which as it happens, BT did activate my line on the scheduled day.
Here starts the problems.
Broadband wasn't activated on the 30th as it should have been.
Called PlusNet on the 30th to what the problem was... was told it could be anytime up to midnight that night.
1st December, still no broadband, called PlusNet again, they said would look into it. After a couple more phone calls was told that the broadband was delayed for some reason, but it should be on within 24hrs.
Guess what, it still isn't.
Just spoke to PlusNet and they have informed me that BT have cancelled my order as there was no corresponding PSTN order, even though I had been given the ref number for this by BT?
PlusNet say that they have to wait until the system actually shows my order as being cancelled, and then they have to place a new order, which will take between 5 & 7 days to complete.
I work from home, and so far have lost a substantial amount of money as I've not been able to work due to this, and will obviously loose even more, possibly the actual contracts themselves as I can't deliver by deadlines.
Who do I call with regards to trying to speed things up, as it's imperative that I have working broadband ASAP?
Any help please?
Thanks... and sorry for the moan, but rather stressed at the moment.
Craig
3 REPLIES 3
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: BT cancelled my order!!

If you are going to lose a lot of money through this I'd suggest you should look at getting an internet connection over the mobile phone network. If Plusnet can't place the order I think the chances of anything happening in less than a week are very slim.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

As Jelv says, if you need broadband fast get yourself a mobile broadband connection.
Argos do them so you could probably be online in minutes ( depending on how far away your nearest Argos is ! ) , check out http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5490440/Trail/searchtext%3EBROADBAND.htm or http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5490464/Trail/searchtext%3EBROADBAND.htm or a whole selection here http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10001&catalogId=1500001801&langId=-1...
Just be aware of how much usage the dongle comes bundled with and how long before it expires.
Hope that helps

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mand
Grafter

As discussed with you today we're working to sort this for you now. BT cancelled the order as the PSTN order had already completed, which is far from ideal, but hopefully we can get this sorted for you pretty quickly.