cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Wholesale pricing may no longer be fixed nationwide

sladkart
Grafter

BT Wholesale pricing may no longer be fixed nationwide

Is this EU ruling likely to have an impact on Plusnet's pricing (and other resellers of BTW products)?  Is it possible that we may see different broadband pricing depending on where you live?
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/02/15/ofcom_eu_wholesal_price_deregulation/
Interested to know peoples thoughts.
2 REPLIES 2
nadger
Rising Star

Re: BT Wholesale pricing may no longer be fixed nationwide

Different prices, depending on area, certainly caused hostile reactions when applied to gas/electric industries.
LiamM
Grafter

Re: BT Wholesale pricing may no longer be fixed nationwide

How this one pans out will certainly be interesting.  I'd like to see any prospective price-drop be met with additional investment into infrastructure and service and an appropriate increase in usage allowances.  I fear that instead of re-investment, however, it will just result in more cut-throat price drops as ISPs fights for market share.
I can't speak for PlusNet but I would have thought they would also be in camp 1... as will some other 'quality' ISPs.  Hell, Enta strongly need to reinvest in their network somehow what with speeds dropping to 2Mb a vast proportion of the time!  But it only takes a couple of ISPs to try and headline price their broadband at £4.99/month or something silly and others may need to follow suit to remain competetive.
Though, I suppose Broadband Your Way does allow for lowest-price broadband with the £9.99 product.